Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Trying to Catch Up~

My Anniversary Present from TC
How cool is this trophy?

Trampoline:
We bought the kids a trampoline. I have said I would NEVER have a trampoline because they are dangerous. I have said this for the past 10 years and meant it! I am not sure what happened or how my daughter talked me into it. But I think she is going to be a successful lawyer if she stays on her career path. I bought it from Sam's Club and it is huge! You had to purchase the trampoline and netting separately. I hurt my shoulder, mid and lower back trying to help the Sam's Club idiot get the trampoline on the cart. He could not lift it so I thought I could help him, BAD IDEA!!! It was a family affair putting this monster together.It took almost five hours. Here is a pic of the kids on it before we got the net on it. (They could not wait another a second!)

FOOTBALL
My son had his first football game after coming off an amazing season last year. They were undefeated the entire season and championship games. My son was voted best defensive lineman. (Proud Momma) Well unfortunately my boy was sick over Labor Day weekend and missed his first game. His team won the game 8 to 0, yeahhhh!!! My son kept calling his coach on his cell phone for updates. I pleaded with the boy not to call his coach anymore but he did.

This past Sunday was his first game but the team's second game. It was a home game and our team won!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!! The score was 29 to 0. My son was hot!!! He made this one tackle that was just unbelievable. This guy on the side line said who was that? who was that? I said MY SON!!!!!!!!! Then they announced over the loud speaker an UNBELIEVABLE Tackle by and gave his first and last name!!! They said his name many times over the loud speaker which was very exciting. Last year, they only called the three coaches kids names because the announcer did not know any of the other kids. Well we have a new announcer and he really followed the game. My son is on starting offense and defense so he played a lot the first half but not as much the second half. As soon as our teams goes up by 2 touchdowns they put in the second and third string kids. Then if the other team scores they put in the starters until they score. They always keep that 2 touchdown lead. Let me tell you our second string did FANTASTIC! They scored two touchdowns but missed the extra point. I was very proud of our team and my son!

13 Comments:

At 9/12/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Should be a good football season!

I am totally coming over to play on your trampoline. I will help you build the deck in return. Sound fair?

 
At 9/12/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

crap. i can't beleive another comment GONE. what is wrong with cyberspace. GAH.

To summarise:
Trampoline - FUN!
No net - DANGER!
Football - YAY sonny boy!
To you - you should be proud.. you are a fantastic mom!

 
At 9/12/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

aww...thank you for posting your anniversary trophy..:)

Love the trampoline, it looks like the kids will have a lot of fun on it and it's great to see them already enjoying it.

That's great news about your son, he sounds like he already has the heart of a great defensive player, let nothing stop you from making a tackle.
It must make you very proud to watch your son play so well and then to hear his name over the loudspeaker is icing on the cake.

You have every right to be proud of both of your children, your daughter with cheerleading competition and your son's football playing.

It makes all your sacrifices worth it.
We hear so much about kids doing drugs and getting into trouble, it's refreshing to read something so positive.
Great post cherish and so are the pictures.:)
tc

 
At 9/12/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

Whoooo! Go Cherish's son! haha, glad that he got hsi day on the field and head his name over the speaker. How exciting.

That trampoline will work out a lot of antsy energy in your kids, it'll be a good thing.

So, when are you gonna get on. ;)

 
At 9/13/2006, Blogger Jodes said...

are you ready for some football????

trampoline - with the net all will be fine.

 
At 9/13/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I don't like trampolines either.

And YAY Cherish's Boy!!

:-)

 
At 9/14/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

Congratulations and best of luck with the new trampoline cherish. I had one when i was a kid and only had a few mishaps on it, smiles. Also, congrats on your sons awesome achievements. Your pride shines through in your writing.
Hugs, ~gina~

 
At 9/14/2006, Blogger Fred said...

I said the same thing about trampolines, too. Then, D2 began competitive cheerleading, and we got one.

But, we made sure it had posts on the side, and had tight netting around the posts so that anyone heading east or west instead of north and south would run into something. It worked just great.

 
At 9/15/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

Great trophy Cherish.

I am not a fan of the trampoline. At least you got the netting. My Bro-in-law has one and I've seen so many minor sprains etc. I wish they didn't have one. I'm glad your son is enjoying football.

 
At 9/15/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

Yay C's Son!! That's so awesome!!

I am so hoping my son likes football and wants to play.

My friend Kate had a similar trampoline story, so between the both of you, if my kids ever were to have one, I would hire a professional trampoline setter-upper.

--snow

 
At 9/15/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

What about Baseball?

 
At 9/15/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Enjoy the trampoline! And hope your son's football team keeps winning!

 
At 9/17/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr. Fabulous: I can not wait for you to get here to build my deck. You can have as many trampoline breaks as you want and I will feed you all kind of goodies and plenty to drink.

XMichra: I am having problems with the comments too! I am very proud of my son and daughter too, smiles! The net on this bad boy is huge so I am feeling good about it but I am still a bit leary.

TC: Thank you so much for the kind words! I am very proud of my offspring, hehe!! Or youngins as we like to call them. They are good kids!!

Gunngirl: I am afraid to get on it I am so clumsy!! I will be a that hospital for me.

Jodes: thank you so much for visiting!

Still Searching: I am happy I am not alone!

Gina: Thank you so much!!! I think sometimes I brag a bit too much about my babies but I am so very proud of them.

Fred: That is why my daughter wanted a trampoline to work on her back tuck and lay out.

Snowelf: That is a GOOD idea! If you do get stuck putting it together follow the instructions to a T.

Big Ben: My son hated baseball. He played for four years and finally said Mom I do not enjoy baseball at all so please do not sign me up again. So I didnt, he tried Soccer and was a star player but he did not love it. He played lacrosse and hated it. The first time he played football he said I finally found my nitch (sp) in life.

Tim: Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home