Sunday, September 17, 2006

Football Season is O.V.E.R.

Friday night my son's team played in the rain. A very slippery ball and many turn overs. My son did a great job, of course!!! ~winks~ The won 18 to 0, yeahhhh!!!!! They have yet to have a point scored against them.

Saturday I took my son and his friend to see the Gridiron Gang. They really loved the movie!!
Then my son went to the park to play football with the neighborhood kids. He returned hysterical and writhing in pain. A 10th grader went to tackle him pulling him to the ground with a snap that everyone heard.
Well the snap they heard was his collarbone breaking. We spent Saturday late afternoon and evening in the hospital. They took x-rays and put him in a sling. We have to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday.

7 Comments:

At 9/17/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Sorry to hear about the accident Cherish. I got an elbow in the collarbone when I played basketball as a freshman. I don't think I cracked it, but I was layed up for a few weeks and it hurt pretty bad. I'm sending out good thoughts for a swift recovery.

 
At 9/18/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Oh man, that sucks! I'm sorry. He must be really bummed out...

 
At 9/18/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

OUCH!! Ugh, that just bites...sorry to hear it.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

 
At 9/18/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

OH! So sorry to hear that? That hurt me just reading about it!!
Me and the chili's are wishing him fast healing!!!

--snow

 
At 9/18/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

cherish I'm so sorry to hear about your son's injury especially since he's been playing so well this season.
I wish him the best for a full recovery and for MOM too.:)
tc

 
At 9/19/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

ouch.. i remember when my brothers collar bone broke. He was in one of those brace cast things for a while. And i know he milked the icecram only thing for weeks.. hehe.

Hopefully your son will heal well. My brother was lucky an dhad no residual scaring or anything.

*crosses fingers for Cherish's boy*

 
At 9/19/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

Been there and done that one too cherish... my oldest son took a fall off the back of an older kids back a couple summers ago and broke his collarbone. Oh, the joys of boys. Hopefully it will heal quickly and he'll be back to good. He'll be in my thoughts.
Hugs, ~gina~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home