Monday, August 28, 2006

New Favorite Song

This will be my second attempt at this blog post as Blogger ate my first attempt. I will be saving often during this post. GRRRRRRRRR why does blogger hate me? I have been trying to add pictures to this post all day. I have about had it with it blogger. I tried to comment on a few blogs to no avail. I just do not understand what Blogger's problem is today. My only darn day off from work and I have been fighting with this stupid program all day.

First I wanted to say that I have the best blogging buddies in the world. Blogging has been such a positive thing in my life. I enjoy reading everyone's blog and I truly miss the time I use to be able to spend reading them. I just wanted everyone to know how much I truly adore them. It is just about a year since I began blogging and it has been a wonderful experience for me. My blogroll has changed completely since I first started blogging. I have had three people ask to be removed from my blogroll and I obliged their requests. Other people seem to be dropping off my blogroll one by one as they decide to leave. I do understand why they go. Sometimes I think about going too, I get very overwhelmed when I am not able to visit blogs or post. I feel like I am letting you down. I am so very saddened when someone decides to leave blogging. I miss them very much when they go. But I guess it is just as much a part of life in blogville as it is in real life, people come and go from our lives. Honestly, I grieve for the bloggers that have left because they were part of my life. Malcom was the first blogger to leave, he was going to jail so I guess he had no choice but I often think about him and hope he is doing well. I did a picture tribute to everyone on my blogroll back on April 16, 2006 if you are interested in seeing it. There is three parts to that post so check out my archives. Even if I do not visit your blog as often as I did before please know I am still thinking of everyone of you!I wish I had the honor of meeting each and everyone of you in real life!

Okay enough of the mushy stuff, hehe... What I am really here for is because I wanted to share my new favorite song with you it is "The Riddle" by Five For Fighting.

I really like this song and enjoy listening to it. Today I looked up the lyrics and sat here crying my eyes out. It is so funny how I always have the words wrong. I remember when I was younger my friend C. would always sing the words right and I was always wrong. I use to admire her for knowing the words. I guess I just do not have an ear for lyrics. So you can guess that I absolutely love Lyrics.com. This happen to me when I read the words to
James Blunt's GoodBye My Lover. I would sing along with this song and I enjoyed it. As soon as I read the words with the song it brought me to my knees. Fathers by John Mayer made me cry too but with that song I cried the very first time I heard it. Click here on their name if you want to see the post about the song or the lyrics to the song.

I have been listening to "The Riddle" all day long, over and over again. My son came home from school today and was actually happy he had to go to school and not listen to this song 300 times. LAUGHS!!!! Hey I do what I can to help my children's first day back to school painless. **chuckles**

Now I am sure the gentleman from Five For Fighting is a nice looking man but he looks just like my cousin Richard so no fantasies about him.

But James Blunt is another story because he does not look like any relatives, hehe. YUMMMY!!!!
Here are the Lyrics: Five For Fighting - The Riddle [Artist Lyrics]
Album: Unknown

Lyrics to Five For Fighting The Riddle

There was a man back in '95
Whose heart ran out of summers 
But before he died, I asked him 
 
Wait, what's the sense in life
Come over me, Come over me 
 
He said, 
 
"Son why you got to sing that tune 
Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon
Let an angel swing and make you swoon
Then you will see... You will see."
 
Then he said, 
 
"Here's a riddle for you
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I..."
 
Picked up my kid from school today 
Did you learn anything cause in the world today
You can't live in a castle far away
Now talk to me, come talk to me
 
He said, 
 
"Dad I'm big but we're smaller than small
In the scheme of things, well we're nothing at all
Still every mother's child sings a lonely song
So play with me, come play with me"
 
And Hey Dad
Here's a riddle for you
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I... 
 
I said, 
 
"Son for all I've told you
When you get right down to the
Reason for the world...
Who am I?"
 
There are secrets that we still have left to find
There have been mysteries from the beginning of time
There are answers we're not wise enough to see 
 
He said... You looking for a clue I Love You free... 
 
The batter swings and the summer flies
As I look into my angel's eyes
A song plays on while the moon is hiding over me
Something comes over me 
 
I guess we're big and I guess we're small
If you think about it man you know we got it all
Cause we're all we got on this bouncing ball
And I love you free
I love you freely 
 
Here's a riddle for you
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I..




WISHING EVERYONE A FANTASTIC
and AMAZING WEEK!!!!

14 Comments:

At 8/28/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

Stupid post eating blogger!!

Awww, We love you too, Cherish!

I haven't listened to this song yet, but I've seen people raving about it in two other places besides here, so it must be a keeper. ;) I can also listen to the same song a thousand times in a row. You're the only person I've ever known who does this besides me. Right now it's "How to Save a Life" (the Fray)

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

hehe.. i love the pictures! I can't beleive you got that many photos of random people that look similar to all of us :) We know you think of us, and that picture post proves it!

Don't feel pressure Cherish. The number one thing that a blogger friend wants if for teir other buddies to be happy too. So live your life!

And I haven't listened to the song yet.. off to you tube to find it...
~*~skips merrily ~*~....

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Absolutely wonderful post! I have not heard that song yet, I will have to check it out. I do like that group though - they have good songs. You are so funny because of the pictures. It took me a minute to realize that you had annotated the pictures :). And there I was with all "my girls" hahaha Thank you for such nice words and I have been truly blessed meeting you =)

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Once again cherish you have matched up pictures with your post.
These are a wonderful tribute to your blogging friends and I feel very special to be among them.
Just think of all the great people we have met from visiting bloggers from linking from all our blogger friends.
Thank you for including me in your blogger picturefest.:)

I think I've heard part of the song, I will check it out when I get a chance.

tc

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Cherish, I always know that if I want to read something positive and uplifting, all I have to do is drop by your blog. Thanks!

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I remember that picture tribute. It was way cool!

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Cherish! Thanks for the link to the posts you did for your blog buddies. I was on my three-month hiatus then, so I missed it.

I totally laughed at the picture of the cell phone. Just today, a student refused to give me her phone, so she was suspended for ten days.

Thanks for thinking of us. We're a great community.

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

The best thing about 5 for fighting is they love hockey (as you can see by the name of their group)

 
At 8/29/2006, Blogger Gary said...

Sorry about your Blogger problems. I'm feeling a bit guilty because I never seem to have any problems with Blogger.

I have come to expect a certain percentage of the bloggers I read to disappear after awhile. I'm not sure why they quit. Probably they all have different reasons. I'm glad you are still blogging. Keep up the good work.

 
At 8/30/2006, Blogger alan said...

Blogger flakes in and out, kind of like me I guess...glad you stuck with it (and us)!

If I looked up amazing, somehow I know I'd find you...

alan

 
At 8/30/2006, Blogger cherish said...

SnowElf: We must be soul sisters because I have never met another person who listens to the same song over and over again. Very cool!!! I like the Fray too!

XMichra: I am happy you liked the pictures. I hope you liked the song. You are right I do need to chill out. No wonder I look like I am 100 years old.

LoB: Thank you for the kind words. I feel truly blessed to be able to call you my friend. I am happy you saw the words on the pictures. I know they are too small but I looked through a bunch of pictures to find just the right ones so once I realized the letters were too small I could not find all the pictures again to change the font on the pics.

TC: I am very happy you liked the pictures! We have met some really wonderful people through Blogging and I feel very lucky!

Tim: Thank you so much for you very sweet words. I have to admit your blog always brings a smile to my face.

Mr. Fabulous: I am very happy you liked the picture tribute.

Fred: I am happy you were able to see the tribute to you, smiles. The only thing that really bothered me about your pictures was that I could not find a picture of a gentleman with his three daughters.

Suspended for 10 days??? I can not even imagine 10 days. Our kids do in school suspension. They have to come to school and stay in a designated room and do their classwork but during the suspension all their work is counted as zeros.

Big Ben: I thought his name came from a Martial Arts term, thank you for straightening me out! So you really do not like them very much eh?

Gary: I know you are right but I sure do hate when people leave! Blogger has been such a butt lately!

Alan: You are too sweet and I truly appreciate your kind words immensely! Thank you!!!!!!!

 
At 8/30/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Cherish, most minor infractions will receive in-school suspensions (ISS). Things like dress code, inappropriate language, etc.

But, willful disobediance to any school board employee is an automatic 10-day suspension. My theory is that some kids do it on purpose so they can take time off. Good riddance to them.

 
At 8/31/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

LOL Fred ;)

No its no problem cherish ... just took me a minute to realize there was writing on the pictures that was from you :). I thought the writing was part of the picture - like a caption. Very nice though and yes both of are blessed =).

 
At 8/31/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Fred: WOW I could not imagine my child being suspended for 10days. Someone would never see their cell phone again!

LoB: SMILES!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home