Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Movies The Kids and I Have Seen (part 2)

The movie reviews continued:

(Daughter's Pick)This was funny; silly funny but funny all the same. Sorry Mr. Fabulous, grinz. I would have preferred seeing this on video instead of the movies. (Son's pick, he wanted to see Monster House but his friend's made fun of him so he picked this one instead)This was a very good movie. I liked the movie The Village as well by the same guy M. Knight Shyamalan. I find that they like to advertise his movies as being drop dead scary than viewers are disappointed when it is not really that scary. This movie had a few scary moments but all in all I thought it was a great movie.
(Daughter's pick)This was highschool funny. My daughter laughed and laughed and I found myself listening to her laughter and not paying attention to the movies. I love to hear my children laugh.

This is the movie we are going to see on Monday. This week is my son's pick. We have been switching each week my daughter picks one week then my son. I am very sad that our time will be coming to an end soon. Next week it is all of us, then the week after next week my son and I go to the movies alone because my daughter will be at cheer camp. (Side note: my daughter quit one of her cheer teams ~pouts~) Then the 21st is are last week we all go to the movies. Then on the 28th it will be just my daughter and I because my son starts school one day before my daughter. Then I will be all alone on Mondays after that. CRIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Comments:

At 8/05/2006, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

"Talladega Nights" looks awfully silly, but I'm gonna give it a chance today just in case all the critics are wrong once again

 
At 8/05/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Reel fanatic: I agree but thats what you get when you let your goofy kid pick the movie, hehe! Let me know how you like it.

 
At 8/05/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I don't know how I missed this post.
It's so great you have time to spend with your children like this, they grow up so quickly.
I know you cherish every moment with them.

I also thought Talladega nights might be a bit over the top from the trailers they've been running but today I saw some more scenes on the Independent Channel and one of the scenes sitting around the dinner table with the kids was really funny, so hopefully more of the movie is like that.

I can't believe summer is coming to an end already..Oi Vey!

Have fun Monday and have a box of popcorn on me.:)
tc

 
At 8/05/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

The Monday Movie Madness has been a great idea for the summer. While you'll miss the kids when school begins, I'm sure you'll enjoy having the day to yourself and being able to make your own plans.

 
At 8/05/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: I figure if the movie makes my son laugh than it is worth it!!! I can not believe summer is almost over either. They grow up WAY TOO quick!!!! I can not believe summer is almost over either.

Stringman: It has been a lot of fun this summer. I will miss the kids so much when they go back to school.

 
At 8/06/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Nooo....you DIDN'T see it...oh my. I am broken hearted. Crestfallen. Heavy sigh...

Well, maybe since you have kids it's okay...

But still....

*sob*

 
At 8/06/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr. Fabulous: It was all the kids' fault. I had to take them. I had no choice.

 
At 8/06/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

I LOVE movies. I am also very big on all the movie award shows, etc. I am not into the dumb hollywood gossip, cause who cares, but I'm totally about the appreciation of the writers and the acting, costumes, the whole dramatic production.

I can't wait until I am working again and I have the money to take my chili's to the movies every weekend for a "kid date night". We rent a lot of things from our library and we own a lot of movies, but I miss the whole "theatre experience." I'm so glad you are able to do this with your kids!! :)

 
At 8/06/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Two of mine saw Talladega Nights and they gave it a thumbs up. I'm still too lazy to go the movies - I'll just wait for the DVD.

 
At 8/07/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Beginning of school ... wow - my son has a few more weeks and then going to be in the 5th grade dang!

I saw Superman Returns over the weekend I am going to write about it tomorrow. Those were pretty much all funny movies :)

 
At 8/07/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Snowelf: It is a lot of fun!

Fred: Hehe but then you do not get movie theatre popcorn!

LoB: WOW fifth grade!!! Big man on campus! Time really flies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home