Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

Toilet Paper Dilemna:


Anyone who knows me knows I am a bit whackey about germs. Well I was watching a show called Dr. Know and it was about bathroom germs. Well the first thing they discovered was that the women's public bathroom has more germs than a men's room. Well I go into women's bathroom and see how filthy women can be. To me the most interesting fact was that every time you wipe your bottom after doing your business that there is fecal matter left on your hand. UGHHHHHH!!!!! He went onto say it soaks through the paper. ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!! I was so shocked because I use a big old wad of paper. (I have issues) So they went onto say that if you fold your toilet paper you will get more fecal matter and bacteria on your hand than if you scrunch your toilet paper. Hmmm very interesting because I am folder who is now a scruncher. Thank God for antibacteral soap and wipes.

Gas Prices:
Gas prices are outragious. We were at 3.17 a gallon the other day. My poor little piggy after paying for gas.My husband wants to get a scooter to ride around the Island. He said we could use the scooter to run the kids to practices (my daughter said she would not ride on it), to run errands on the Island, grocery shopping, and for bringing the kids to and from their friend's houses. My son is gungho but my daughter is not buying into the save money aspect of this purchase. Well how cool would I look on this???


A Quote:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." ---Theodore Roosevelt 1907

This quote is very interesting me and is so very true especially when I hear how most immigrants are here working and sending the money home to their country. Most are illegal and do not pay taxes. How does this benefit America? Again I have nothing against immigrants who arrive here wanting to be American. My husband is from Germany originally.


Midlife Crisis

I am so having a midlife crisis. I just do not know what I want to be when I grow up. I like my job okay but it is not in my career field. I feel like I am 18 years old living in an old body and when I look in the mirror I wonder where I went. I am coming to terms with being 39 and preparing to be 40. My husband thinks I am going to join a motorcycle gang when I turn forty. Because when I turned 35 I got a tattoo and when I turned 36 I got my tragus pierced. Then another tattoo at 38 and I wanted one for my 39th but hubby said no way. He hates tattoos and I love them. But I am thinking of a new one for my 40th birthday, hehe!! Like I tell him no one can see my tattoos unless they are intimately close to me and they make me happy so who is it hurting. Well he (being a smarty pants) said it is hurting his checking account. That was hard to argue with because I already have over a thousand dollars worth of ink on me.

Mistakes:


I find myself dissecting life altering mistakes I have made. I do not know why I am doing this but I wish I could stop it. I am stuck in the thought process.

Drowning in the questions. The water is rising and I am still asking myself more and more questions. How foolish is that?

It is like a puzzle that I can not put together. So this keeps me awake going through the why did you do that? why did you not make a better decision? why did the other person not seem to undertand? ect... I think I would change all this enlightment for a good night's sleep.
Wishing everyone a Happy Hump Day! Work has not calmed down at all. Home is just as busy as ever. I want to run away. Any suggestions?

I guess I should apologize I have been such a whiney baby lately!! I just really miss my blogging time.

One last thing before I sign off. When I was little I had curly hair, now it is just wavy. But I always had a curl that would sit on my forehead. Well I was quite the *ahem* lil devil when I was younger. So family members would always say the childhood riddle:

There once was a girl, with a curl

right in the middle of her forehead

When she was good, she was very good

but when she was bad she was horrid

Well with the hot and humid weather my curl has returned. My bangs turn into this curl on my forehead by mid day. Now what is up with that?? I am positively angelic now! Happy Hump Day!!!!

11 Comments:

At 8/16/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

You actually probably have more germs on your keyboard at work than the toilet seat that you sit on in a public restroom :\ sorry for the news. (As cherish is furiously scrubbing and disinfecting her computer keyboard hahaha)

Gas prices = why I love my motorcycle .. but even that it costs me over $10 to fill up my motorcycle when it used to be $6 :(

I hope that you have some more blogging time soon :) miss ya! AND it is not a mid-life crisis. Live each day to the fullest and if you want to do something - do it! :)

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

LOB: Hehe... I already wiped my keyboard down. Grinz... That is a daily ritual even though I have my own office, my computer and my own phone, nobody else uses them I still come in every single morning and wipe down my desk, phone, keyboard, and mouse with antibacterial wipes. Chuckles...

Gas is totally outragious WOW ten bucks eh? My Pacifica gets about 14 mpg and I will not even tell you what it costs to fill it up!

I miss you too!

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

thanks for the information on toilet paper, I think I will become a cruncher, in fact I already have(more public information).LOL
I already use a paper towel when opening public restroom doors, I mean what's the sense in washing your hands only to touch a filthy handle?
I am reminded of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry's girlfriend's father owns a restaurant and promises to personally make Jerry a pizza, moments later Jerry goes to the restroom and finds the chef coming out of a stall after taking a dump, strolls up to the mirror and never washes his hands...LOL

Gas..hang on baby it's only gonna get worse!

You look fabulous on the bike in your black leather outfit.(wink)

I'm a few years older than you but I'm still waiting to find out what I'll be when I grow up.LOL

Hang on, things will get better I'm sure.:)

curly top, I bet you were a real cutie!:)
tc

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: Thank you smiles!! I was a cute little devil. Grinz then again all kids are cute when they are little!! I know gas is only going to get worse I can see my poor little Pacifica will be sitting awaiting better days. I am a paper towel door opener too!!! I have seen way too many that do not wash their hands, BLUCK! I remember once I was in the Acme and the bakery lady came out of the bathroom and did not wash her hands, needless to say we did not eat anything from the bakery!

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger Fred said...

I did the same thing with tattoos. I had my first one at 40, another one at 43, an update at 45, and will get one more when I'm 50.

The good thing about tattoos is that he can't make you take them back once you have them.

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

you should post some pictures of your tattoos!

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Fred: When do you turn 50 maybe we can go together, grinz! You are sooooo right once I get them they are MINE! hehe...

Big Ben: I will take some pics of my tattoos and post them in my next post. But you have to be nice and not make fun of me. ~winks~

 
At 8/16/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I hear that! I have MAJOR issues w/ bacteria. HUGE.

 
At 8/17/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

I swear I learn something new everyday. Been missing you. Sorry I haven't been around much.

 
At 8/17/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Still Searching: Me too!!! I bet you think of scrunching or folding now, grinz.

Sonya: I miss you too!!!!!!!!

If this is the last post you are seeing on my blog go to http://www.cherishmeplease.blogspot.com/
for some reason it is not showing my last post. I posted pics of my tattoos for Big Ben.

 
At 8/19/2006, Blogger NINANINA said...

awww I hate ladies bathrooms. I have been known tou use the mens room when there is no one looking. I'd rather just throw their CELAN sat down then wipe up lady spills. I gave up being a germaphobe.. I teach kids.. if I am gonna get sick am gonna get sick :(
love your blog......
hey I rode a scooter for 2 yrs - a vespa... but was in an accident early this year.... there are jsut too many cars and SUV's ... you gotta be careful.. it was such FUN.
I liked your response to the deer on Phil's blog.
NINA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home