Thursday, July 27, 2006

UGHHHHH!!!!


I have missed reading everyone's blog immensely. I hate that my time is so limited. I feel out of touch with everyone ~pouts~!!
Work has been absolutely unbelievable. I thought with the arrival of the new priest finally things at work would calm down. W*R*O*N*G!!! The past two weeks have been so busy I have not had time to blog or email or anything from work. I need time with my online friends. Life at home has been equally as busy. My son started football practice which means 2.5 hours at the field every night. Last weekend we ran from Friday afternoon until Monday night with kids, parties, sleep overs all weekend and movies. I am hoping this weekend will be better spent cleaning, relaxing and hopefully having lots of catch up time on the computer.

I am also looking forward to catching up on some much needed sleep. I have not slept for weeks and I can not seem to get a good night's rest. Sleep has never been a friend of mine and on a good night I get about 4 hours sleep.


When I was young I never slept. I literally terrorized my house from the age of about one year old. I was able to get out of my crib and I was on the loose (I wrote about this in more detail on an earlier blog enter, click here if you want to read it.) Then as time progressed I never slept because I was always afraid my dad would hurt my mom. Every single night I would sit on the top step and listen to my dad yelling, degrading and humiliating my mom. I would wait until the level rose to an alarming rate and I would yell down mom I have a headache, stomach ache, bad dream ect... She would beg me to go to sleep and I would just sit there all night long until he finally passed out from the 1/5 of Vodka that he drank. I would never spend the night away from home because I always felt like I had to protect my mom. When I was 18 - 19 years old I worked two jobs and went to college. I can remember staying out all night long arriving home just in time to step into the shower and off to work 12 hours or go to school. It never affected me in the least. When my husband and I were first married if we were having an argument I would always say watch out remember I can stay up for days without sleep. He would laugh nervously and say yup you are the only person I know who can go days even weeks without sleep.
I guess old age is catching up with me because now it is affecting me. I feel sluggish in the morning. I actually wake up at 4:30am and I am ready to face the day but by 7:30ish I am ready to sleep. Then when I get home from work I feel as if I could take a nap. I make dinner then off to football practice and home again around 9. I sit down to get on the computer, I begin yawning immediately, my eyes are watering and I feel as if I can not stay awake. So I go to bed in hopes that this will be the night I finally sleep!! But alas, I lay there tossing and turning, becoming more frustrated as the minutes tick by. Then I put the television on and watch it until I finally fall asleep, only to wake up at 1:30 then 3, ughhhhhh.....

Everynight I have faith that this will be the night I get a good night's rest!

Please know I am thinking of all my wonderful friends and looking forward to catching up on your blogs as soon as it is humanly possible.

WISHING EVERYONE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

I stole this from XMichra and I thought it was me perfectly!

You come from the Ocean. You've always been drawn to the sea, the sound of the waves, the crystal blue water, near the sea is where you belong.

11 Comments:

At 7/28/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I'm much like that too Cherish. It does get harder as I get older, but for the life of me, I simply cannot sleep a whole entire night. (unless drugged!)

 
At 7/28/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

You literally wear me out when I hear of your schedule.If I don't have some down time to relax I can get very irritable and grumpy.

I'm sorry to hear about your lack of sleep, you have had a lot on your mind with the arrival of the new priest so I think that started the cycle of lack of sleep.
Hopefully things will settle down and you can start catching up on your sleep.
It seems once we have gone awhile without sleep, you feel tired but once you lay down to go to sleep it feels as if your eyes are wide open..it becomes a vicious cycle.

I started to take the test but bailed out when the questions were about being pretty and stuff.

Have a great weekend cherish and GET SOME SLEEP.:)

tc

 
At 7/29/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

you need a break!! omgosh! running around like that, i get tired just reading about it!lol!

The sleeping issues from your youth are so heartbreaking. i wish you, and everyone else who knows that fear, never had to endure that.

Sit down with a warm drink of tea, suddle into your chair, load up your lap top and take a break!

Oh, and that comming from the sea was great! it suits you so well!

 
At 7/29/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

Hey Cherish, I am in the same social internet distress!! I miss my blogger friends and I haven't had a chance to catch up in days, but today is my day! Yay!! :)

I hate hearing about you having such a gnarled past, but even despite that kind of misery, your spirit remains loving, caring, and unbroken. Not everyone can do that, some people let it drown them. I think it takes a very special soul. (Possibly one from the ocean--since they are born knowing how to swim. ;) )

 
At 7/29/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

We miss your passion on the pages, Dear Cherish...but understand the insanity that visits us all from time to time...hang in there!!!

 
At 7/29/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

Miss you too

 
At 7/29/2006, Blogger John Riemann Soong said...

Wikipedia is another great source for images, by the way.

 
At 7/30/2006, Blogger Fred said...

I know how you feel. WIth the start of school, I suddenly feel like there's no time left to catch up with everyone.

I hope you're having a great weekend.

 
At 8/01/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I need at least AT LEAST 6 hours of sleep or I am a complete zombie!! lol I know how it is to have real life be so busy - I have enjoyed being unplugged but missed reading everyone's blog for sure. Hope you can find some time to relax =)

 
At 8/01/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Thank you to EVERYONE!!!!

I appreciate all your wonderful comments.

 
At 8/04/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

I'm sorry for the childhood source of you not sleeping. But at least you don't have nightmares like mine when you do sleep :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home