Thursday, June 22, 2006

Some Thoughts Before Vacation

CHEERLEADING UPDATE

Cheerleading tryouts (For the Competitive Team)were last week. My daughter went to the first try out which is learning the routine than they go back to actually try out. Well the early morning of the tryouts my girl was SICK SICK SICK... I was freaking out. So I brought her to the try out and she laid in my car the poor baby. She could not stand up because she had the stomach flu so bad. Trust me it was not a pretty flu bug. It attacked my son, then my daughter, then my husband and finally me. UGHHHH I felt as if I would have died. I spoke to the coach and she said do not worry about it we know what she can do. So we held our breath for two days until the list was posted. SHE MADE THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are VERY VERY happy!! She has to master a back handspring before August so she still may be cut from the team.

I want to thank my wonderful Blogging Buddies!!!

Stringman, TC and Xmichra

for visiting my friend's blog and leaving a comment. I asked people to stop by and see my friend's photo blog about Montana. He has taken some amazing pictures and posted them at his photo blog. Well I remember how discouraging it was when I first started my blog and I had no comments. I can remember getting so excited when I received my first comment. So I told my friends Turbo would pay me five dollars per comment if they said Cherish sent me. Hehe... So he owes me 15 dollars, grinzz... Thank you again Stringman, TC and Xmichra!!! Please stop by and see Stringman, TC and Xmichra because they have AWESOME blogs!!!!!!! I mean AMAZING blogs!!!! Go visit them and see how great their blogs really are, you will thank me!

Father's Day

I wished my husband a Happy Father's Day. I wished my brother a Happy Father's Day. I wished my blogging buddies Happy Father's Day, I sent some Happy Father's Day cards to very special fathers in my life. Guess who I forgot to wish a Happy Father's Day to??? Dang you all are good!!! hehehe... You guessed it, I forgot to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day, OOPPPSSS!! I mention that here because I do feel a bit guilty for forgetting him.

This is the Dad I wanted. But it is not the Dad I had.

My mind is saying he was never a father to you. He never wanted you, loved you, cared for you or protected you. I feel I have some major issues because of how I was treated by my dad.But my heart is saying how very sad he must have felt that his daughter did not wish him a Happy Father's Day. The funny thing is I imagine him waiting for the call and feeling sad, but knowing my dad he did not give it a second thought. Weird, eh?



I have been absolutely swamped at work this week trying to prepare for my absence. Plus the third week of the month is ALWAYS my busiest week at work. So I have been working from home at night trying to get everything done. So I am hoping to visit everyone's blog tonight before I leave for vacation. I feel I have neglected my friends and I am sorry. I have been busy non stop at work so I hope everyone understands!!!

Next I want to celebrate the freedom of release, there was a situation that has been haunting me for about a year. This situation has now come full circle and I feel so free now. I am floating!!!!I have been struggling with this situation. The feeling inside me was like I was lost and sinking. I felt as if I was drowning and no one could help me. I actually started this blog back in August because of the pain I was feeling.


Have you ever felt like you had a weight on your shoulders or around your neck? If so then you know what I am talking about. Then when the weight is lifted and you feel as if you can fly. Well I feel as if the weight is lifted and I am flying high.
Through blogging I have met some wonderful friends. I appreciate all the support I have received from them. They kept me a float during this difficult time period. I would like to thank my very special friends for all your words of encouragement and support!!!! Also for listening and being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on.

We are heading the Jersey Shore for a week's vacation. Two cheerleading competitions in Florida have cost us almost 6 thousand dollars and a week at the beach is about all we can afford. The kids are not even excited about going. This makes me very sad. They do not want to leave their friends, computer, xbox, playstation, and nintendo. My son actually asked if he could take his playstation and games. GRRRR.. This is the first year the kids are not excited about going away. I think it is the begining of the end. I guess at 13 and 14 their friends are much more exciting than their old parents. I know once they get their they will have fun. We had considered bringing a friend for each kid with us on vacation but after much thought I decided against it. Number one I want to hang out with my kids without their friends because at home the friends are always over our house. Number two I thought two more mouths to feed, cost of rides and games at the piers, nahhhhh let their parents take them on vacation. GRINZ!! Well both kids were disappointed but understood.
So as of right now I am on vacation until July 5th! I am going to bring my lap top but I doubt there will be a wireless connection but here's hoping!

I will miss all my dear blogging friends! I will be thinking of all of you when I am sitting in my beach chair, swimming in the ocean, shopping, or riding on the rides.

I look forward to catching up on everyone's blogs when I return!! Have an ABSOLUTELY wonderful week!!!!!!

Miss me please and Leave me lots of comments!! GRINZZZZ!!!!!

22 Comments:

At 6/22/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I do miss you Cherish! I hope you had a good time. I want to go on vacation too. But I heard tell it takes money for that.

CONGRATS! for your cheering daughter. Yea! I hope she can get that back handspring. I know the thought of staying on the team will be motivation enough.

I understand about the weight being lifted too. I wish I could get this financial weight off my shoulders. that feels as if it will be there forever.

Oh, and I also understand about your dad and FD. I didn't have the type of dad I wanted either, but strangely now that I'm an adult he's all looking for calls and time with him. Whatever.

 
At 6/22/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I think it shows great strength of character of your daughter to compete while sick.
Great job cherish's daughter and CONGRATS!

Thank you for your kind words about my blog, however during my hiatus from blogging I don't think it's of very high quality right now.

Ok, you want lots of comments, here's what I'm going to do since you will be gone.
There is a lot of great stuff to comment on in this post, so I will come back several more times while you are gone and continue commenting on this post.

Have a wonderful trip, eat, rest, have fun and have lots of NAPS!(wink)
tc

 
At 6/22/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

LOVE the beach! Have a great time, hon! Next time, take me with you! LOL

 
At 6/22/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

wow... plugs for my blog... hehe. It was a good site, so i didn't mind :) I also remember what it is like to not get comments. Heck, whe you all dissapear for the weekend I wonder what the heck happened!!!

will take the same path as TC here and comment during your holiday on the stuff in here. that was quite a post!! hehe.

I will miss you cherish, have a great time!!

 
At 6/23/2006, Blogger boo said...

miss u already. enjoy your vacation :) come back soon.

 
At 6/23/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Have a wonderful time on your vacation - just going to relax is the best thing. And do not worry, once your kids are there they will have a blast and not think about their games and friends. Congrats to your daughter on the cheerleading that is wonderful - maybe a college scholarship will come of it :). I am sorry about that you are weighted down by something, you did not mention that before :P. I hope that you can feel better - you always know where I am. Again have a wonderful vacation and relax!!

 
At 6/24/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Congrats to your daughter! One of mine was a competitive cheerleader for a year and loved it. She's now on the varsity squad at school.

I know what you mean about the vacation. Whenever we go somewhere, we have to get past the groans about their friends. After we get to our destination, though, they usually die down.

Enjoy!!

 
At 6/24/2006, Blogger Gary said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time at the beach.

 
At 6/25/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Congrat to you daughter!!!! When I started reading how sick she was I got a little nervous for ya LOL Is she close to her bhs? Do you have her in gymnastics classes now?

 
At 6/25/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

trying to make things good at work before you leave is tiring. Especially if you want things to be well upon your return!! Hope everything is still in order once you get back.

 
At 6/25/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

Have a great vacation!!!! You must be proad of your girl!!! Congrats...what a trooper.

 
At 6/25/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Yes, I know what it feels like to have that weight. It's time I threw it off myself. Way past time.

Happy Vacation!!

:-)

 
At 6/26/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Comn no blogging ...? What do you think you are on vacation? >:P

 
At 6/26/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Have fun at the beach. I think you are right to want to spend time with your kids (and not have to compete for time with their friends). Hope it's a great week.

 
At 6/26/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I'm sorry to hear about your feelings about your father.
A father is something more than a title and it is those things we cherish about our Fathers and which we celebrate for Father's Day.
If you are missing those emotions it's for a reason and it is not your fault.

 
At 6/27/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Hope you have (had) a great vacation.

 
At 6/28/2006, Blogger Puffin said...

How is that vacation going?

I'll be crossing that giant bridge of yours in a few weeks.

 
At 6/28/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Wednesday..it's still raining where you're at..cherish..make it stop!!

Miss you please hurry home.

 
At 6/28/2006, Blogger boo said...

back yet? miss u....

 
At 6/29/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Good luck to your daughter. Let us know how it goes.

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Puffin said...

I was thinking back to my youth and I remember just wanting to stay home for vacations when I was that age, but I 'm glad my folks took us places...Ended up meeting lots of girls....

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger cherish said...

I wanted to thank EVERYONE for all the awesome comments while I was away!!!

I missed everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home