Friday, June 30, 2006

I Am Back With Sun Kissed Skin!

We had a great vacation!

As horrible as the weather was on the East Coast it was amazingly good for the most part at the Jersey Shore! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!! We had two days of rain but both days cleared up by the late afternoon.

Here is a picture of my daughter minus her head.



Here is a picture of a Nemo kite that was so awesome. I told my husband I wanted one but I wanted a purple sea horse. ~POUTS~ He could not find one before we left.
Here is a picture of the shoreline it was a hazy day.
Here is a picture of my son minus his head. My son went skin boarding and boogie boarding all week.

As we vacationed in New Jersey we were glued to the television as it was reported Maryland was flooding from the torrential rains. They were saying hurricane rain without the high winds. We were very concerned because on the New Jersey news they were reporting that the Eastern Shore of Maryland was flooding the worst. We stayed in contact with our neighbors and our house did well. Thank God!!!!!!!!


Click here for the story if you are interested.

I am leaving kisses for all my Italian ancestors because everyone was burning like crazy at the beach because it was hazy and overcast. My poor husband was sun burned even though he had 30spf (water and sweat proof) sun screen on. But the kids and I are sun kissed brown no sun burn and we did not even have on sunscreen.



Oh yeah and I was bit by a bug that crawled up my shirt sleeve biting me several times. OOOOO did it every hurt. The bad thing was I did not even get a chance to kill the little bastard it flew away. Well immediately my neck started tingling. I could feel this weird slightly painful sensation crawling down my arm from the bites and up my arm from the bites. Then my lip swelled up and my face was tingling. But after about 5 hours my lip started going down and the tingling left as well. I had three big bites and two small bites that spread together and then disappeared. VERY WEIRD and a bit frightening. I did not want to go to the hospital.

Here are some funny pictures, I hope they bring a smile to your face.







T.G.I.F. Enjoy your weekend. I missed everyone immensely! Thank you so much for ALL the wonderful comments!!!!!

16 Comments:

At 6/30/2006, Blogger boo said...

welcome back, missed u :) love the last puppy pic, issit an ewok? glad also that u protected your kids, too many perverts in cyberspace {{hugs}}

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Thank you Boo!!! I missed you as well!!! I thought the last one was Winnie the Pooh but I am not sure really. That one was my favorite too!!! HUGGGSSSSSSSSSSS

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Nice to have you back. Nice lips -- natural botox, eh? :)

 
At 7/01/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

welcome back Cherish!! Looks like you had a wonderful time (minus the bug bites.. ouch!). Glad to seeyou!!

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Welcome back..I MISSED YOU!
The pictures of the kids on the beach are awesome, the sand is so white and inviting.

What is Booger boarding?

I'm glad to hear you escaped all the rain.
Wow! the bug bite, with your medical history you must've been freaking out, good thing it didn't become worse.
I think your lips look rather kissable(wink)

The dog pics are hilarious, that is sooooo cute.
I think the last one IS an ewok because it looks like a light sabre on his side.

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Aren't your kids going to need their heads at some point?

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Welcome back Cherish. Sorry your children lost their heads while they were on vacation. And look at the bug bites on your lips as cheap collogen shots :)

 
At 7/01/2006, Blogger kandykane said...

hey, cheers to you for surviving the bug bites (just the thot of it is enough to send shivers down my spine) and am glad u had a great trip. Love the funny pics ! too good :-)

 
At 7/02/2006, Blogger Snowelf said...

I loved the Nemo kite! My daughter would totally dig one of those.
Happy to see you had a nice vacation!! And at least you didn't eat any bugs. (sees to be rash of that going around lately) :)

 
At 7/02/2006, Blogger Nishu said...

The last pic is really cute and so is your profile photo.

(^_^)

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger Het Waghela said...

First time to ur blog!

Nice post and pictures were funny and interesting.

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger Jack said...

That bite sounds scary; glad it cleared up! Your kids look cute. Seems lie a pretty cool trip.

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger Puffin said...

We are heading over to Rehoboth next Sunday Night or Monday morning. Trying to avoid the weekend traffic and beltway traffic around DC. I can't wait.

The Yoda picture reminds me of the first Halloween that I was a Dad. I had a drath Vader costume, and my wife made our Baby a Yoda costume. She made this little bonnet that had these huge yoda ears My wife was Princess leia....That was an awesome halloween!

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

Nice lips. :) Oh, and that spider dog is creepy!

Glad you had a nice vacation overall. missed you!

 
At 7/03/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Stringman: Thank you so much! Well those are really not my lips, grinz...

XMichra: Thanks and I am happy to be back.

TC: I missed you too. Those are not my lips, grinz... Boogie boarding is kind of like surfing with a shorter board.

Mr. Fab: I am not so sure they dont always seem to use them.

Tim: LMAO!! it is okay they were not using them anyway.

Kandykane: thanks for visiting and happy you enjoyed the pics.

Snowelf: It was the coolest kite. She did not have to run or anything it just launched itself.

Nishu: Thank you very much for stopping by!

Het: Thank you for visiting and I am happy you enjoyed the pictures!

Jack: It is so great to see you again. It was a fantastic trip thanks!

Puffin: You better wave when you go by, grinzzz. Have a fantastic trip. The Halloween sounds wonderful!

Gunnie: Hehe the spider dog is soooo cute! Thank you smiles!!!

 
At 7/05/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Glad you had a great time cherish - wonderful photos and see your kids did not seem to have any problem being "unplugged" :) Gotta watch out for the hazy days, they are the worst to get a sunburn!! Welcome back *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home