Thursday, June 15, 2006

How Many Days Until School Starts?

The kids are out 2 weeks and I am ready for them to return to school. Between the I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored and give me money I may be jumping off the bridge soon.

School
Posted by Picasa


Okay okay... I miss being home with them during summer break! We use to have so much fun during the summer. I hate working when they are home. But now all I hear is I am bored!!!! How are they bored?

bored
Posted by Picasa

They have two phone lines, televisions, DVD players, their own cell phone, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo and a computer. Not to mention bikes, a huge community pool, and a private beach. How can you be bored?

They are eating me out of house and home. These little people can eat. My son brings all his friends in for drinks and snacks. These growing boys can eat!!!!


kids eating
Posted by Picasa

There were four boys playing video games in my living room screaming and laughing driving the dog nuts all evening. Honestly I do not care when the house is full of kids, this is the house the kids seem to hang out at. I like knowing exactly where my teenagers are at all times!! My daughter is enjoying the attention as well, everytime she walks out of her room she has three boys looking at her all starry eyed. I had a hellacious day at work and on the way home I get the call from my son will you please pick up D so he can come over. GRRRR I just wanted to go home, crawl into my recliner and blog about my rotten day at work, but noooooo I had to stop and pick the boy up. Okay I really did not mind except I had to cross over the highway because he lives on the other side of the island and now I have to make dinner because we have guests. I was hoping for a soup and sandwich night. Well my very good friend suggested Ravioli for dinner, yummy!! I thought great idea!!


ravioli
Posted by Picasa

Dinner turned out wonderful but now I am feeling a bit green. My son was sick last weekend with the stomach flu. My daughter was sick on Tuesday with the same thing. My husband was sick on Wednesday. I think it is my turn; my body aches and my stomach is doing flip flops.

Today I came home to a total mess in my kitchen. My sweet darling youngins decided to make soup. They pulled out my large dutch oven, not even the small dutch oven or a regular pot to cook soup in but the LARGE dutch oven. I am sure you remember my entire OMG how do I wash dishes catastrophe, if not and you are interested please click here to see the post. Well they also decided to make tea so they used another one of my new pots that was three sizes too big, grrr.. Please click here if you want to see my post about my new pots and my whining/sulking/pouting when I found out they were not dishwasher safe.

My friend started a photo blog about Montana. He lives in Montana and has some amazing photographs. Please go visit his blog and welcome him to Bloggerville. It would be so nice if you left a message saying "Cherish sent me" because he is going to give me five dollars for every comment I generate, grinzzzzzz!!!!!! Please click here to visit his blog.



Montana
Posted by Picasa

One last link:

Please click here if you want to read my post about "Why Children Do Not Tell" I received a request to repost that entry so I figured I would hyperlink it instead of reposting the entry.

Wishing Everyone an Absolutely FANTASTIC weekend!!! Be Safe and Play Hard!!!


14 Comments:

At 6/15/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Firsties! Hope you are feeling better. It's great having the kids in the house, with all their friends. And as they get even older, it's great having them OUT of the house :) Enjoy these teen years.

 
At 6/15/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

have a good weekend to you too, Cherish!

I'm with you, how can they be bored so soon. Shouldn't they just be happy to sleep in for a while? School must not have been tough on them. lol

That's what you get for being such a cool-tastic mom, now you're like the Camden mon on 7th heaven, everyone wants to come and stay. :)

 
At 6/15/2006, Blogger penguininthesun said...

wow, you sound like an awesome mom :) Nice blog btw

 
At 6/16/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

oh, i hope you are not getting the flu! My daughter has that too, and I was feeling yucky this morning. I seriously hope it isn't the same.

Kids are strange at that age. nothing interests them,but when you start to suggest things they can do around the house all of a sudden they are sooo busy. hehe.

have a good day cherish, hope work is better for you!

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Heehee I remember that from growing up :). The summer time was around and then we were completely bored! How we complained about school and then complained about having nothing to do. There is no way now that I could imagine not wasting my days away in the summer time! Have a great weekend cherish!!

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

My daughter and i have been butting heads BIG TIME the last couple weeks, so I'm sort of dreading the end of school.

*sigh*

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Stringman: You are DA Bomb getting here first, grinzzz... Yeah I am really enjoying them because I know they will be gone soon enough.

Gunniegirl: Thank you and I hope you have an awesome weekend!!! GRINZZZZ they are so ready to get out after two days they want to go back they miss their friends. My son told his friend you will like my mom she is much nicer to my friend than she is to me. LAUGHS I said what???? He said well you never yell at them. HEHE

Penguin: Thanks for stopping by!! I look forward to visiting your blog this weekend.

XMichra: You are awesome dA Bomb thanks for visiting Turbo's blog. I know how hard it is when you first start out and no one is commenting. I hope you do not get the stupid flu either. I started feeling queezy and car sick than BLAM Last night it hit me like a ton of bricks.

LoB: I always hated summer vacation because I missed my friends so much. Have an awesome weekend my friend!!!

Still Searching: Get use to it as a mom of a 14 year old the butting heads happen between mom and daughter but it will only be a few years then they will be nice again about 6 or 7 years! Take care GRINZZ

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Hey, I'm bored, give me money!

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger Gary said...

I hope you don't get sick, but if you do, at least the kids can make you soup and tea. :)

 
At 6/17/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr. Fabulous: You forgot to put the Mom and the whine!!

Gary: I think it is a 24 hour bug. I am over it and starting to feel a bit better today (Saturday).

 
At 6/17/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

ah i miss reading your blog.

Will you like send virus to my boss's computer? Hmm on second thoughts, that spells more work for me... :)

 
At 6/17/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Well, as a teacher, I'm enjoying the break for now. In a few weeks, I'll be ready to go back.

As for the kids, they sleep 'til noon, then head off to the community center and disappear with their friends until they come home. Then, they get bored.

It's time for them to go back.

 
At 6/18/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

that is soooooooooooooo funny about the kids trying to make soup, it's going to be a long summer cherish.LOL

The ravioli looks yummy, you are such a good cook(wink)

Loved the pictures over at turbo's blog, thanks for the link.:)
tc

 
At 6/18/2006, Blogger cherish said...

RHSP: Hello there and welcome back!! I will tell your boss to give you blogging time!

Fred: I hope you are having a FANTASTIC vacation!!!!

TC: Thanks for going over to Turbo's blog and commenting. I am up to fifteen bucks so far. LMAO! Gesshh I was hoping to have enough money for a tattoo but not at this rate. GRINZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home