Monday, May 15, 2006

Turning Forty

Happy Mother's Day!! (sorry I am late)
I hope everyone had an absolutely awesome mother's day. If you were celebrating your mom or your grandmother or your children were celebrating you; I hope it was an absolutely beautiful day!!! I thought I would share one of Monet's beautiful paintings. Monet is my favorite artist!! As my 39th birthday rapidly approaches I have been contemplating turning forty. I still can not believe I am going to be 40 years old. Birthdays are always difficult for me because I do not like to be the center of attention. I know this seems weird since just a few posts ago I was looking for attention and sympathy because I was ill. Well that is in blogville. In real life I hate attention of any kind. I never tell anyone if I am not feeling well because I do not want them to wait on me or feel sorry for me. I never tell anyone it is my birthday because I feel strange when people wish me happy birthday. I think your birthday is so special and I love to celebrate everyone else's birthday. I love to give them extraspecial attention but I can not enjoy it for myself.My mom had a surprise birthday party for me when I turned 30; I almost passed out. I cried for half of the party because I was not able to gain control of my emotions.I am not one for parties but if I know it is happening than I am able to prepare for it. When I turned sixteen my mom had a huge party for me and I maintained during the party, although I did cry when they sang happy birthday to me. This was mainly because I was embarrassed and everyone was looking at me but everyone thought I was overjoyed and emotional because I received a mustang from my Grandmother and passed my driver's test that morning. I start getting funny before my birthday because I am hoping there are no parties and no surprises. As you can see I am already thinking about my birthday that is not for a few months and I am already worrying about my 40th birthday that is over a year away. I wonder how I got so freaky??? LAUGHING!! hmmm no one will never know it will be one of the great un answered questions of the century. I really do wish I could enjoy it. I am already worried about my 40th because I know there will be a surprise party, although I will start this year expressing my desire for no party (this did not work for my 30th birthday). We had a surprise party for my brother, my husband, and my sister in law when they turned forty so I know I am next in line, ugghhhh!!!!!!!! My husband is equally concerned about my 40th birthday because he is not sure what I am going to do to myself, e.g. tattoo

piercing

or join the circus, LOL... I really do get whacky around my birthday.

This year I have given myself a project. I am going to start writing everything I would like to accomplish before I turn 40 years old. This will give me a little over a year to complete the tasks and hopefully keep my mind on the straight and narrow so I do not join a biker gang or join the circus (I do love Lions)or join a cult when I turn forty.

Sometimes I do not realize how strange I am until I write in my blog. I guess seeing my thoughts in print is always an eye opening experience! Looks around for the men in white jackets!

20 Comments:

At 5/15/2006, Blogger Puffin said...

Your birthday is just another day. If you get upset at anyone, you should get upset at Hallmark for brainwashing us into believing it's more than just another day. Heck from the Moment of conception we are growing regenerating and dying...So everyday should be cherished!

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger Gary said...

Maybe you could skip 40 and go trraight to 41. Just kidding. :)

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

To me, my birthday is just another day. I don't need a reason/excuse to celebrate, if I want to, I just do! It doesn't have to be for my birthday. The thing I hate most about my birthday is presents. My family feel they need to get me presents, and I'd rather they just didn't.

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I like the cult idea. Let's start our own cult. That would be way cool!

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Don't worry. Many people just hit 39 -- and stay there. You can too, straight jacket and all :)

 
At 5/15/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

I turn 30 in September.. and am having a great deal of difficulty with that. So I hope that your birthday goes alot more smoothly then i antisipate mine will. =P

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Do something crazy like go sky-diving or hang-gliding or something like that! That would be a great way to bring in 40 :). I still do not understand when the digit switchs how come overyone has such a hard time ... to me when I hit like 70 I won't like that.

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

I miss 40, I have 50 breathing down my neck.
Happy Mother's Day Cherish!!!

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger boo said...

happy belated mother's day bootiful cherish :)

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

I had a hard time with 30. It will prolly not be hard again until 40. Keep your chin up. Look at what all you have accomplished in this short amount of life. Two great kids. Who could ask for more? So when is your actual b-day?

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I am like you - I LOVE celebrating other peoples birthdays LOL When I turned 30 that was really hard for me - but now with each passing birthday I just go backwards (so I am not 29 =) Whatever it takes to get you through it LOL

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Puffin: Thanks for stopping by... yeah I know its just another day. My problem is always the leading up to the birthday!

Gary: GASPS!!!!!!! I am actually 21 with 17 years experience!

Still Searching: Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!! I will remember no presents on your birthday winks!

Mr. Fabulous: Wooo hooo count me in!

Stringman: Grinzzz... I have stopped at 21 hehe...

XMichra: I think turning thirty was almost a relief. I thought about it and worried about it for an entire year once it arrived I was almost relieved!

LoB: Hmmm contemplates skydiving, eeppsss... Did I mention I am chicken??? I will have a year to think about it.

Phil: Eeekks 50 eh?? My husband is in the same category. He keeps looking at me saying I can not believe I am going to be fifty in a few years. Thank you for the happy mothers day!! I hope Dana had a blast!

Boo: Thank you so much!! smiles and huggss

Sonya: Thank you hehe!!! Chin up hmmm maybe a face lift and tummy tuck for my 40th birthday. Hubby will be happy I am not getting a tattoo! GRINZ

Lisa: I just landed on 21 and every year after is experience at being 21. I am very experienced now. grinssss

 
At 5/17/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Ok maybe skydiving IS a stretch LOL. I don't think I would do it either haha.

 
At 5/17/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

you are just the sweetest girl cherish. you'll do just fine. Believe me if i can survive it, you can too. (((Big Hugs)))
~gina~

 
At 5/18/2006, Blogger alan said...

Past 40-
Past 50-
looking to double it!

alan

 
At 5/18/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Happy Belated Momsie Mom Day! :)

ok now help yourself to a Big CHUNK of ICE CREAM CAKE! Hows that?

 
At 5/19/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/19/2006, Blogger Jack said...

I wore a straight-jacket once. Probably not for as long as I should have...

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

I'm not sure how I missed the discussion about turning 40. As I slide into 50, 40 seems like a good thing to be. But it is all relative. I didn't get a tattoo until I was 45, so you don't have to decide what you want to do exactly when you turn 40. You'll have plenty of time to reflect.

 
At 5/23/2006, Blogger Kelley C. Butler said...

birthday, shmirthday...the only reason for them is presents.

but I totally agree, I HATE all the giddy somewhat superficial attention you get on that day...I don't quite know what face to make when everyone's screeching the "Happy Birthday" song and trying to do all the harmonies at the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home