Saturday, May 20, 2006

Summer Vacation Too Soon

My son is already on summer break, the problem with that is no one else is on summer vacation but him. The bigger problem with that is that the summer break is happening in his head as he day dreams during school!!!I am not sure if you have parent connect but it is this website where you can peek in on your children's attendance, grades and discipline actions. I must admit I rarely check the website. My children do very well in school and they are behaved for the most part. I never check my daughter's site but sometimes I peek in on my son's because he is the class clown and loves to have a good time. I accept my son's personality and I will never try to squash his sense of humor or fun. Well I had this nagging feeling about school so I gave into the feeling and signed onto parent connect earlier this week and
I pulled up his grades and SCREAMED in my head OMG!!!!! My son normally gets As and Bs in school. This year has been his best year; all As and only one B. Well this last marking period he has one incomplete, one D, one E and the rest Cs oh wait I forgot his one A in art - for joy. I felt like running away from home. I must say I am still shocked out of my mind. I keep asking him what happened and he says I do not know I am dumb. Well that is nonsense and I have told him pity is not going to get him out of trouble. Well I took his computer, cellphone, xbox, and playstation away because obviously he needs to concentrate on these grades. I know exactly what has happened he went on summer break about a month before everyone else.


I know my son is definitely daydreaming and not participating in schoolwork or homework. Although he is keeping his social calendar active. The girls are hanging around our house nonstop. Their giggling and high pitched screams are enough to drive a sane person nuts. (for argument sake lets just pretend I am sane geessh) My daughter was never one of those screamers. But it seems my son is drawn to the girls who squeal. UGGHHHH>>>> What is my honor student day dreaming about? What would bring his grades down so drastically? Well I have two answers; it is either sumer vacation or girls, girls and more girls. Well personally I think he is daydreaming about girls on summer vacation with him.


Well I contacted his teachers and I am so thrilled to hear that he is such a great kid but he is not turning in any work and he seems to be in another world, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... I could careless what a great kid he is, I would rather him be a complete dud but doing great in school. I am very upset that these teachers never contacted me about my child. I feel they dropped the ball just as much as he did. I know it is not their responsibility but if I was a teacher and watched a student's grade go from an A to an E, I would contact their parents. One teacher is being a complete BUTT and will not allow my son to make up anything. Two teachers are allowing him to make up a few assignments but not everything. They do not feel he should receive preferential treatment.


My son and I have been working on homework every night. My brain hurts, 7th grade is harder than I remember. They do the math ass backwards. I am just hoping to get the E up to a D and the incomplete up to a D. I just do not know what happened to him. I keep trying to see it from his shoes. I realize he has hormones running crazy through his body, his voice is changing and he is one of 4 kids that have a moustache in the 7th grade. I am trying to be patient but these grades are unacceptable.

19 Comments:

At 5/20/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

This must be really frustrating for you cherish.
I'm very surprised the teachers never notified you of his poor performance.
It may be grounds for the butt teacher to reconsider allowing makeup work.

 
At 5/20/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I'm with you on the math. If I sat in a 7th grade math class today, oh, I'm positive I'd fail. I'm not even gonna lie.

Oh, and his computer, cell, playstation and xbox? I'd have trouble concentrating too. You can't send them to their rooms anymore, you gotta unplug first. LOL

And what's an "E"?

 
At 5/20/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

I think I'm on summer break in my head too. LOL!

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

ooooh breathe in... out...

Now scream on that poor boy :P

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: Frustrating hits the nail on the head. I just can not seem to get him to understand how important this is.

Gunngirl: Math is crazy now they actually have seminars for the parents so they can help the kids with their home work. An E is a F ugghhh.... It is funny because when I went to school we received Es but a lot of parents had no clue what an E was they always got Fs. I guess it is a Maryland thing.

Sonya: I may have to send my son to you!!

RHSP: Great Advice!!

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Tim: Laughing!!! You and I think so much a like I told him can you imagine saying you want fries with that when you are 40. Thanks for stopping by... We have been working all weekend on homework stuff.

Great minds think a like you and I must have signed the blog at the same time because your post came up before mine. You were quicker on the draw!

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Hang in there, hopefully you can help him turn it around a little bit.

You have my sympathy. Gosh, I don't know if I could do seventh grade math at this point...

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr Fabulous: Thank you!!! I swear they are taught math so much differently than we were taught. UGHHHHH it really sucks. I would think math is math but it isnt anymore. GRRRRRRRRRR

 
At 5/21/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Sorry Cherish...I noticed a typo and deleted the comment but didn't have time to retype it. Anyway, I do think your son needs to consider how attractive a middle-aged man working at a McDonald's drive thru because he didn't graduate from high school looks to the young ladies and reconsider his grades. :)

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Smiles no worry Tim! Thank you for reposting!!

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I remember in 11th grade my grades were the worst there ever was because I had a girlfriend that I was in "love" with. Senior year I was solo and got straight 'A's LOL

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger Gary said...

Tell him no girls till he pulls up his grades. Is that too drastic? :)

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

I was always the class clown and had my eye on the ladies but luckily I was able to get good grades (except english). I suggest shaving the mustache - girls are not into that.

 
At 5/22/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

wow/ I couldn't imagine trying to get things back in order with so little time. Grade seven mathis hard.. and they do 'new math' which is totally different ten the way I learned how to do it.

Good luck to you, and I hope your son's grades improve :)

 
At 5/22/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

I remember the 7th grade. I'm pretty sure I went from A's to C's and D's pretty quickly when springtime came around. It's all because of you girls!

 
At 5/23/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I am sorry about his grades. Hang in there with him... hopefully he can pull them back up!

 
At 5/23/2006, Blogger cherish said...

LoB: I new it was the women, grrrr.. He may have to go to an all boys school.

Gary: That may work!! No GIRLS!!!!!!!

Big Ben: In 7th grade the girls love a boy with stache! grinzzzzz!!

XMichra: Girl you arent kidding! 7th grade homework, ughhhhh!!!! We are working but I think it may be too little too late, unfortunately.

Lisa: Thank you Lisa!! I am hanging there by a string!

Thank you to everyone who commented!

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger alan said...

I waited a bit longer for my slide; when Dad told me no matter what I couldn't take the full paid music scholarship I had earned, I more or less quit doing anything I didn't have to to pass and enlisted just barely past my 17th birthday.

Is there some way you can show him the practical application of these things in life further down the road? When I went to machinist school for a while and ended up teaching myself trig, I wished I had pursued math a bit further! Let alone when it comes time to figure out how much roofing to buy for my garage, etc..

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home