Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Shameful Cry for Attention


I have been sick for a week. Everyday I feel just a bit worse than I did the day before. Now I am no rocket scientist but I know I am suppose to be getting better. So I broke down and went to the doctor today. YUCK!!! I hate going to the doctors.

I had a very nice blonde cute doctor who's dog just died yesterday. Well if you know me you know that my dog is like one of my children and I can not even fathom the day his journey takes him from us.

I was really hoping for a sexy male doctor. With strong warm hands, a large stethescope (hubba hubba) and a bright inviting smile. But as luck would have it my doctor was female. Now she was definitely a hottie do not get me wrong but I just wanted a male doctor. I was in need of sympathy.

The doctor's office is about an hour away. So I had to leave the house pretty early. My daughter was angry with me because she had to walk to school (which is just down the street) and all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed because I was up all night coughing and I was beat.

Since I had to go before work I was rushing like a maniac to get there right as they opened and then hit a bunch of traffic. ~Growls~ I knew I would be the first patient seen as long as I was there when they opened. I have connections! hehe My mom works there and always sneaks me in. Of course I was rushed, concerned about getting to work on time (my husband says why do you care you are the boss? but I really do care and I hate being late) plus I am anxious about seeing the doctor. I just do not like to be touched, poked and prodded. I arrive, my mom puts me in a room and guess what? My blood pressure is above normal. Well... YEEEEAAAA! I guess it is I was driving crazy to get here, but this concerns the doctor so she goes back in my records. She finds that I need a general blood work up because I am about 4 months over due. GRRRRRR.... UMMM Did someone say BLOODWORK?? Well I hate needles. It is not the pain it is the concept or something about them taking something out of my body freaks me out a bit. I had both of my children natural. Nowadays if you say that people think you mean vaginally. Well when I say natural I mean NATURAL! NO medication, No pain relief not even a tylenol, NO epideral, no NOTHING!!!!! When I tell people who had their children with some medication assistance they say stuff like oh you are a better woman than me or ARE YOU CRAZY?? well you get the picture. I did not want natural child birth, I was not being brave I was SCARED of the needles in my back. YUCK!! It was bad enough that the nurse stuck me 18 times trying to get the medication to induce labor into me. hmmmm a little off subject here, pops a ridilin and gets back on subject.


Where was I? Oh yea BLOODWORK! ~whimpers~ Enters my mom; sweet angelic kind hearted mom with a needle and three tubes for my blood. I know my eyes bugged out of my head. I said three tubes???? She just smiled and said oh that is nothing you will be fine. Easy for her to say she was the one wielding the needle. Long ago when I was in the medical field I would tell my patients the same thing. Heck it did not bother me it was their arm getting stuck. So my mother aka Vampiress starts taking my blood. Honestly I did not feel anything, but I could hear the blood gushing into to the tube. arggggg!!!!! My mom says with a big smile on her face. Wow your blood really comes out fast, I could have filled up several more tubes in the same time it would take for a normal person to fill one tube. "normal"??? Geesshh now my mom is saying I am not normal. Then she laughs this evil laugh, grabs my blood and walks out of the room. Something is not right about that crazed old woman. I waited for the doctor to return. She told me I had Bronchitis, Acute Pharyngitis (heck I could have told her that I have been gargling with razor blades for a week), Sinusitis and Ear Pain. I said ear pain? that is a diagnosis? She said well everything is so inflammed, congested and swollen it is affecting your ears causing you pain. Okay I guess she is the doctor who am I to question her my ears really do hurt but I was thinking on the lines of ear infection.

Well... I leave the doctors office to race to work which is 1.5 hours away so I will not be late. The entire drive to work I kept thinking I want to be home in bed with my lap top trying to get sympathy and presents from my blogging buddies.

So I am available to receive your pity, sympathy, and presents anytime day or night. Incase you need some ideas for presents I thought I would help you out. How nice am I??? ~winks~

Balloons are very nice and they make everyone feel a bit happier but they do deflate and end up in the trash can. hmmmm...

Flowers are always wonderful to tell someone you are thinking of them, they brighten up any room and everyone's spirit but ummm they die and end up in the trash can as well. Hmmmm... quite a quandary!

Greeting cards!! WOW cards are an awesome way of saying you are thinking of someone and care about them. They are colorful and pretty; you can read them and put them on your dresser to look at but after you read them and look at them for a few days then what are you suppose to do with them? This is very puzzling!!
OOOO a massage would be fabulous!!! My body is achey and I feel like I am a hundred and ten years old. Massages are wonderful but they only last an hour. Although you do feel good when you leave there and I am sure you can always think about the massage it will make you happy.

A house man that is SEXY, mmmmmmnnnnnnnnn and gives massages at my will.... Now that is a very erotic thought. Someone to take care of me, mmmnnn mmmmmnn YUMMY!!! If you are unable to find a sexy man to be my house man than you could always give the best gift ever; Cash, Mulah, da Green stuff.... oh yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRINZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I would like to wish everyone a fabulous day and evening. Be good or be good at being bad!!

13 Comments:

At 5/04/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Sorry you are feeling so bad. You should be staying home and not going to work. That is my present to you. Tell them Dr. Tim Id said to stay home and rest...and blog. :)

 
At 5/04/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Even from your deathbed you are one very funny woman. Mother the vampire? Hahaha. I'll be sure to copy her on this comment :)

Great photo selection, as usual.

Take your meds and get better! The cash is in the mail ...

 
At 5/04/2006, Blogger boo said...

*hugs* *kisses* PLUS a hunky houseman *lick*

feel better soon :)

 
At 5/04/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

*walks in with yellow and red tulips, get well cards and a male Swedish Masseuse who only knows the word "yes"*

Hey Cherish! I brought you some goodies! *Masseuse takes off shirt and waits for orders*

I know about being sick. Hope you feel better. I think about how glad I am to be rid of my cough. It was terrible. I just couldn't wait to get home to cought freely, as my mom put it.

I don't like needles either. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and those pictures kill me. LOL

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger alan said...

Since hubby already objects to "us" I'm not sure what he'd do if we started showing up to nurture you back to health, so I'll just say I hope you are over this soon!

alan

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Ooohh a good friend will share her sickness too...

SNEEZE on me. Lol :)

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Man you are really playing up that sympathy card .. money? LOL I really hope that you feel better ... I'm pretty good with massages heehee. Get well cherish!!

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you get feeling better real soon. Before you said you were congested I thought you were going to say the bloodwork came back that you were pregnant. LOL!

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger just me said...

Hey Cherish,
My first time visiting here and I love your bog! I love the pictures to go along with the story. Funny!

Get well soon, and take some time off of work! Yep, that's an order..You can't get better if you don't have some downtime.
Erin

 
At 5/05/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I like needles. Which, as a heroin addict, comes in quite handy.

 
At 5/07/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

awwww...hope you're feeling better and your bloodwork comes back with a clean bill of health.
Take care of yourself and try to squeeze in some downtime.
tc

 
At 5/08/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

Hope you're feeling better. I used to not like needles, but I've been pricked more times than Paris Hilton so they don't bother me anymore.

Get well soon ;-)

 
At 5/08/2006, Blogger Gary said...

Wow, that was a great post.Very cute. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hope your ears stop paining you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home