Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Put on Your Thinking Caps!!

First I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, get better wishes, flowers, balloons, cards, cash and massages. You all have to be the best blogging buddies ever!!!! I am so very happy and honored to call you friends!!! I think in such a cynical world we are living in right now, filled with negative fake cruel people; it is nice to find people as geniune, kind, funny and honest as I have found here in Blogville with my blogging buddies!!!! Bringing flowers to all of you!!!Okay okay enough of the mushy stuff on with the test!!!
I decided to blog this little quiz because my brother and I not only both scored 14, we got the exact same questions wrong. On number 4 we both had five colors correct, missed the same color and put the same color for the one we did wrong. How very ODD and WEIRD is that???? I guess my mom was right when she kept telling us we were special and that is why we had to ride the short yellow bus!!! hahaha!!!
Put your thinking caps on. Do not worry if you smell smoke it is just brain warming up! That sometimes happens when you do not use it for a while ~winks~
No cheating!
No looking around!
No getting out of your chair!
No using anything on or in your desk or computer!
Can you beat 20? (The average is 7)

Write down your answers as you go.
Check answers (on the bottom)

REMEMBER - NO CHEATING!!! BE HONEST!!! If you cheat it is not a true victory!!! That means no looking at your phone or anything on your desk...
OK, LET 'S JUST SEE HOW OBSERVANT YOU REALLY ARE.
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on thetop or bottom?
2. How many states are there in the USA? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell'ssoup label?
5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't haveletters by them?
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with yourright or left leg? (Don't you dare get up to see!)
7. How many matches are in a standard pack?
8. On the United States flag is the top stripe redor white?
9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
10. Which way does water go down the drain (North ofthe Equator), clockwise or counter-clockwise?
11. Which way does a "nes a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
13 On which side of a women's blouse are thebuttons?
14. Which way do fans rotate?

You can stretch your legs if you need to but no looking around!!! Just stand, stretch, look at the ceiling and sit back down!!

15 How many sides does a stop sign have?
16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the rightor left side?
17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
19. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who'smissing?
20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
21 On which playing card is the card maker'strademark?
22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the cordthat adjusts the opening between the slats?
23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
24. How many curves are there in the standard paperclip?
25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter orcounter-clockwise?
WOOO HOOO You are DONE!!!! Congrats... Now lets check your answers!

ANSWERS
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on thetop or bottom? BOTTOM
2. How many states are there in the USA? (Don'tlaugh, some people don't know) 50
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch? RIGHT
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell'ssoup label? BLUE, RED, WHITE, YELLOW, BLACK & GOLD
5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't haveletters by them? 0 & 1
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with yourright or left leg? RIGHT
7. How many matches are in a standard pack? 20
8. On the United States flag is the top stripe redor white? RED
9.. What is the lowe st number on the FM dial? 88
10. Which way does water go down the drain, counteror clockwise? CLOCKWISE (NORTH OF THE EQUATOR)
11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run? TOWARDS BOTTOM RIGHT 12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
12 (no #1)
13 On which side of a women's blouse are thebuttons? LEFT
14. Which way do fans rotate? CLOCKWISE AS YOU LOOKAT IT
15 How many sides does a stop sign have? 8
16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the rightor left side? LEFT
17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel? 5
18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil? 6
19.. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc.Who's missing? BASHFUL
20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?8
21 On which playing card is the card maker'strademark? ACE OF SPADES
22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the cordthat adjusts the opening between the slats? LEFT
23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits? * & #
24. How many curves are there in the standard paperclip? 3
25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?COUNTER

Hmmmmm.... How did you do?

WOW that good? You are VERY smart, I never doubted you for a minute!! I would never hang out with dumb people! hehe

18 Comments:

At 5/11/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

I scored 17. Luckily i knew the campbells soup one from painting a label one day in art class waaaay back when. BUT no matter what, you could ask me this in a month, and i still would have no clue how many lug nuts there were... where they are.. or what the heck they are :)

 
At 5/11/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Woohoo! 17 for me too. Incidentally, I even got the number of states, and the US flag questions correct and I'm Canadian. Yay me! LOL.
:-)

 
At 5/11/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I got 14. Surprisenly, I got the number of matchsticks. Was surprised by that one. The stop sign threw me.

Funny, things we see every day and just don't care about. LOL.

xmichra--me too about the lug nuts. What's a lug nut? lol

 
At 5/11/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Its amazing that we can't answer most of this stuff correctly... even tho we deal with it quite often LOL

 
At 5/11/2006, Blogger The Michael said...

I didn't DARE take that test. I couldn't have lived with the results! hehe

 
At 5/12/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I answered 19 right AND I didn't cheat either haha. Just have a knack for some of the weird trivia. I missed the non-smoking sign, I really thought it went right to left. Aren't there 6 lug nuts? haha For the life of me I could not remember the last dwarf - I guess its been a long time since I have seen that movie.

 
At 5/12/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

I have a dilema. If you get a chance read my post. I would like to hear your thoughts.

*smooch*

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/12/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

22. I got my lug nuts and pencils reversed (tragic) and I always forget %^&$ on the soup can (don't want to give it away....)

 
At 5/12/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

OK, Cherish: How many did YOU get, smarty pants? (I'm sulking over my score ):

 
At 5/12/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

OK, you can take off even another point of my score, since I just realized you already said your score (14). I knew I should have taken my ritalin today.

 
At 5/13/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

wow, you really put my brain to work on this one...I scored ..14.
That was fun thanks cherish.:)
tc

 
At 5/13/2006, Blogger cherish said...

XMichra: Awesome score.. My brother and I missed blue on the can. Lugnuts are the little things that hold your tires on.

Still Searching: WOW that is awesome! I think Canadians know much more about America than Americans do. That is pretty sad isnt it? Congrats great score!

Gunn: I got the match question correct too but I guessed as many cigarettes in a pack would be how many matches in a matchbook. Lug nuts hold your tires on Miss Gunn! Very important!! hehe

Lisa: It is funny how we do not pay attention to the little things. I guess there is a lesson in this quiz. Winks!

Michael: hehe Chicken... Grinz!!

LoB: AWESOME Score!! I thought there was 6 lugnuts too, the sad thing is I would have bet money on that one!!! I also thought the slash was the other way. I did get the dwarf right but my husband could not figure out that one for his life; it was funny as hell.

Sonya: I did respond on your site wishing you the best. huggss and smoochesss!!!

Jim: DAMN!!! 22 You are a genius!! That is FANTASTIC!! The stupid stop sign through me for a loop I thought for sure it was 6 but I did get the pencil right, hehe! That is awesome you scored so high!!!

Stringman: I love my ritilin grinzzzzzzzzzz!!! Thanks for taking the test!!

TC: Great Score!! AWESOME Score!! hehe it was the same as mine and gunn! You are welcome I am happy you liked the quiz!

 
At 5/13/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Um...I am not telling you what I got on the quiz. But I guess we can't hang out anymore... :(

 
At 5/14/2006, Blogger Dear AL said...

You don't want to know what I scored!

Happy Mother's Day, Cherish!

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

 
At 5/15/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr. Fabulous: I would hang out with you even if you scored in the negative!!! Thanks for taking the test. You are so funny!

Dear Al: Thank you so much!

Sonya: HUGSSS thank you!!! I have to check your blog for an update on work.

 
At 5/15/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 20.
M

 
At 5/16/2006, Blogger cherish said...

HEY M!!
WOW you beat everyone's score! Thanks for taking the test! Good to see you again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home