Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hodgepodge

I am feeling totally ADD today. I can not seem to get a clear thought so I figured I would just write a few things floating around in my head.




Welcome Back


Welcome Back Stringman. I am so happy to see Stringman back from his sabbatical. Please stop over and say welcome back to Stringman!! Click here to visit his AWESOME blog!

Son's Concert


My son belongs to the school choir. This past weekend they went to a competition at Kings Dominion. They received Second Place, WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

After the competition they were allowed to ride the rides. The lines were so long it made for a miserable day. The other two boys in my husband's group were bad BAD B A D !!!!!!!



Daughter's New Desk

My daughter needed a new desk. She wrote all over the other one and broke one of the doors. We chucked that desk about a year ago. Well she misses having a desk so my husband took her desk shopping. HMMM that was my first mistake. My husband does not believe in Kmart furniture that does not cost too much so if she writes on it or breaks it who cares. Oh nooooooo he takes her to a furniture store and she picks out this $400 Solid Oak Desk.I about fell over when I saw the receipt for this desk. I swear my husband has caviar taste on a beer nut budget. Well my husband goes to pick up the desk (45 minutes away) heck there is a Kmart right on the Island. He brings it home and we take it out of the box and it is a PIECE of CRAP!!!! The drawers do not even line up. So today he is bringing the desk back to the store for an exchange. I suggested getting our money back and visiting Kmart but neither him nor my daughter appreciated my suggestion.

Anonymous Blogging


Tim posted a fantastic entry on blogging and being anonymous. Click here for the post. Well I prefer to remain anonymous when it comes to my blog. That is why I do not post pictures of my children, my dog, my home or myself. I feel like even though I am here blogging about my life and me. I guess I enjoy the thought that I am here writing anonymously. I have to admit that my blog has taken a totally different direction than first intended. But I figure it is my blog and I will write what I want because I have a firm belief in the statement I have made several times "I will not be censored, I will not write entries strictly to get comments and I will post with honestly because I want to be able to look in the mirror every day without hesitation." I have learned time and time again that not everyone online is who they portray themselves to be. So I remain anonymous sharing glimpses into my life, showing you a peek into my fantasies and this way I can chose who I share myself with completely when I feel trust and safety.

Cheerleading Try-Outs


My daughter is trying out for the high school cheer squad. My fingers are crossed that she makes the team. Competitive cheerleading and high school cheerleading are so different. I truly hopes she makes the team because I have a firm belief that the busier we keep are children the less trouble they get in. A bored child is a child looking for trouble in my opinion.

Closure


It is very interesting to me how different people handle closure. You have those who will suffer in silence. Each day a little piece of them dying until they are able to put a painful situation behind them. I think this must be the most painful way to have closure.


Then you have people who will announce to the world that they are closing a painful part of their life. They will email, blog, or call people saying I finally have closure. I have done this or done that and now I am finished. I think this is a cry for attention, sympathy and pity.
I have thought about myself and closure. I think I am even different in the way I handle it. When I am done, I am done and there is no cry for attention, there is no suffering in silence, and I will not try to email the person to ignite the argument all over again. I think if something or someone brings me enough pain that I am considering moving forward and leaving them behind then for my own mental health in the past is where they belong. I always try to remember all the wonderful things about them. Now that being said there are only a few people that I have completely left in the past and moved forward. I try to hold onto everyone I have ever met and bring them into the future with me. I think every single person I have met has shaped who I am and I want them with me.

Anonymous Ugly Comments

How do you handle those weasels that leave anonymous comments that are ugly and nasty? When someone leaves me an ugly comment, I like to leave the anonymous comments on my blog for all to see. Because in their words they show their ignorance. My friend had a few ugly comments on his blog that he deleted. He felt if they did not have the courage to say who they were they did not have a right to be heard. I think everyone handles those attacking comments differently. Remember your friends' comments are the only ones that matter!


21 Comments:

At 5/23/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Great post cherish, a lot of good thoughts in here to think about.
Thank you.

I hope I can return to commenting on blogs and posting on my blog someday soon, I miss all of you.:)
Tc

 
At 5/23/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Goodness Cherish, You were particularily profound today. Nice post(s). Thanks for the extra link to the anonymous post (though I was trying to avoid any attention) :)

 
At 5/23/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Didn't seem like an ADD post to me. Then again, I'm at least borderline ADD, so maybe that's why your thoughts seemed pretty clear to me. It's a fun post.

Thanks for the welcome back, Cherish! You must know by now how much I hate attention! Gosh :)

Good idea to keep your kids engaged in activities. They are at a tender, pivotal age. Sounds like you and your husband are doing the right things - even if he doesn't have a good eye for desks!

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger boo said...

u matter. i r back. missed u.

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger The Michael said...

Frankly, I am amazed at the outpouring of support that came out of that unfortunate irritation. This is just one of the reasons I feel so comfortable in this fine community we have established. Thanks, hun, for everything.

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow that WAS quite a hodge podge :). Congrats on your son's competition that is great. It is different with people that post or surf the net - some people are just unhappy and need to post those comments. No prob with being anonymous - there are lots of people out there like that. Maybe I should become anonymous considering all my ex-gf seem to find my blog >:P

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger alan said...

No ADD there!

Best of luck to your daughter with the tryouts!

alan

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger Gary said...

I agree with you about activities. I think the more organized activities kids have the better, as long as they are really interested in them and not just being pushed by their parents.

 
At 5/24/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

Congrats to your son. Too bad they couldn't have some sort of head-of-the-line passes or something.

I'm with you on the desk. Especially since it didn't even end up being a good desk in the end. That better be some good wood, that's pottery barn prices. lol

I bet your cheering daughter will be fine, she has experience being under stress, so she should be A okay during tryouts.

Great thoughts!

 
At 5/24/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

seems like you had lots of very clear thought Cherish!!

Great post! And i know that your site has waved away from where it once was... but you have let yourself be totally you in here. whichis great. we get to see the kind and the kink! ;)

 
At 5/25/2006, Blogger Kelley C. Butler said...

Lots of thoughts...luckily my husband is ADHD so I was able to keep up with you.
My husband is the same way with money. He complains that I spend too much at Wally World but when it is his turn to buy clothes, guess where he goes? J.Crew of course. And no sale items for him, nooooooooo. Only the new, overpriced golf shirts that shrink after 3 washings which lead to their banishment in the back of the closet. Yep, $68 well spent.
Good post :)

 
At 5/25/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I loved all of your topics!!! Good luck to your daughter on tryouts - are you nervous? I would be LOL Sometimes I think parents get more nervous about this stuff than the kids do =)

 
At 5/26/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Good luck to your daughter. I'm sure she will do wonderful.

 
At 5/26/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: I am looking forward to you returning to Blogville as well!!! Thank you for the kind words!

Tim: You are very welcome Tim, it was a great post and it gave me much to think about.

Stringman: I think you are right we have the same amount of ADD! hehe... You are very welcome, I am happy you are back!! Thank you for stopping by.

Boo: Welcome back I missed you!!! Hope it was a great trip.

Michael: You are very welcome and I am happy you are comfortable with us!!

LoB: You stud muffin even anonymous they would still find you. GRINZ!

Alan: Thank you!! She finds out today and I am soooo nervous! I normally drive her to school everyday and today she wanted to walk, I think she is very nervous.

Gary: I agree with you because I see the kids that are pushed and they do not enjoy it at all!

Gunngirl: SHHHHH dont mention Pottery barn he may go there next, hehe... He ended up returning it because the one that was suppose to be the exchanged desk was also messed up.

XMichra: Thanks!! You are so very sweet!!

Kelley: Boy I can spend some money at Wally World, thank God there is not a Walmart near my house. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to one. Our husbands are very similiar!!

Lisa: I am SOOOOO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!! We find out today and boy was she nervous this morning.

 
At 5/26/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sonya: Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5/26/2006, Blogger Puffin said...

Didn't seem to ADD to me...It seemed well thought out and planned.

I'm like you, in that I am not a comment "Hog". If people comment on my blog great, if they don't that's OK too. It's my blog, the way i like it and if someone doesn't like, well then come back tomorrow becasue I'll post something different.

 
At 5/26/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Very nice. Although I think I have ADD now from reading about all those different topics. But in a good way!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/27/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

KMART went bankrupt here :(

 
At 5/28/2006, Blogger Fred said...

What a great post, Cherish. The pictures were a great addition to all your thoughts.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5/28/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

I occaisonally post nasty comments, if I think something someoen said is ignorant or stupid but i never do it anonomously. I stand behind what i say.

 
At 5/29/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Puffin: Thank you!! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving me a comment. I really enjoyed your post about the Scott Rigg’s car. I like your posting philosophy. I figure if they do not like it there are a gazillion other blogs to check out.

Mr. Fabulous: OH no I gave you ADD oopps.. please do not tell your wife who’s fault it is please!! ~winks~

RHSP: Our Kmart did not go bankrupt. But I believe that is because there are really no other stores like Kmart close by.

Fred: I am so HAPPY to see you again!!!! I have sure missed you!! I am happy you liked the pictures!!

Big Ben: I like that you do not do it anonymously. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a nice comment, grinzzz!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home