Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Our Trip

This is my second attempt at this post. I had the entire post finished and accidently deleted it! I am so very frustrated with myself.

Our Trip to Fort Walton Beach!

We stayed in Destin, Florida at the Pelican Beach Resort. The sand was white and the water was emerald green and blue. (If you click on Destin it will bring you to a link of the area, if you click on Pelican Beach it is the link to the resort)

We arrived in Florida about 45 minutes behind schedule because of heavy winds and rain in Atlanta. We were very fortunate, I mean VERY VERY fortunate because after we departed Atlanta a tornado touched down later that evening.

We arrived starved and tired. We ate breakfast before we left and thought we would grab something to eat at the Atlanta Airport, can you say CHA CHING??? Oh my goodness EXPENSIVE is an understatement. So we decided to just eat when we arrived in Florida. So we rented the car at the airport. It was a pretty cool little car; it was a Pontiac GrandAm. Click here to see a pic of the car. (From my previous post) Well the rental agent annoyed the living hell out of me. Have you ever met a salesperson with that fake smile who just drove you nuts??? Well this girl was irritating me more and more by the second. I am sure it did not help that I was tired and hungry.She was not very happy with me because I would not take the insurance or the gas plan. She just kept droning on and on and I kept saying no thank you.

We packed the rental car and off we go to find a pizza place. We decided on pizza because it was Friday and we were not able to eat meat. We passed burger joint after burger joint, steak and shake, chicken place, but NO pizza places. What is up with that?? Well we are all cranky, hungry and tired. Finally about 1 hour and 30 minutes after leaving the airport we found a Pizza Hut. Oh my we all gobbled down the pizza like we had not eaten for a week. It was the best pizza we had ever had. Laughs!! I guess being completely starved helps the food taste delicious.

Back on the road to the resort. The resort was about 2 hours from the airport. We finally arrived at the resort to screaming cheerleaders in the lobby. When they saw my son they started screaming, jumping around and acting like idiots to get his attention. Well this about set my daughter off the deep end. She was furious. She felt they were embarrassing her team by acting like animals in the lobby. Well as I stood there trying to check in she was complaining and the girls were screaming. My daughter's team consists of 6th grade through 9th grade, so there is a huge difference in maturity levels. The senior team consists 10th grade through 12th grade.

We received our keys and off to the room we went. OH BOY the room was beautiful but it paled in comparison to the view!! We were VERY happy with our accomodations! Click here to see our room and view (from my previous post).

We spent our days laying on the beach, swimming in the gulf, swimming in the pool, and relaxing in the hot tub.

My daughter found great joy in hunting for the perfect seashell. She brought home 4 seashells that were magnificent!! I bet at least a hundred or so did not make the cut. She LOVED that she could see the bottom when she was chest high in the water.I would honestly say her seashells were her most treasured gift from her trip to Destin. I bought her a new beach bag that she loves, necklaces, shirts, shoes, and a sweatshirt. But she carried those shells with such love and devotion. I think she came away with a greater sense and love for nature's beauty.

Saturday night went go cart riding and had a BLAST!! We spent all evening at the go cart track riding the different tracks. The kids faces were so lit up with excitement it was fantastic!!! We went with my daughter's friend and her dad, well he is so funny anyway but seeing him buzz around the track with all the kids passing him and waving to him was the funniest thing I ever saw. NONE of my pictures turned out. **GROWLSSS** My daughter dropped my camera right as we arrived at the track.

The girls competed both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's score counted for 1/3 of your final score and Sunday's counted for 2/3 of your final score. Well of course our girls ROCKED on Saturday. They had a flawless routine!!! The tears were streaming down my face because it is the best they ever performed.

Sunday they looked great but they had one deduction because one of the bases grabbed the flyer's foot wrong and she wobbled. GRRRR... Well that cost us second place. We lost second place by 5 points. So we came in third place and received an awesome trophy. In cheerleading 5 points is next to nothing so the score sheets will be reviewed to make sure there were no adding errors or numbers carried wrong. Just to give you an idea our senior team received second place and lost to the first place team by 80 points. We will keep our fingers crossed but third was a great victory!! We are a non profit cheer squad competing against teams that have paid dance coaches, paid gymnastic coaches, and paid cheer coaches; our two coaches are high school cheerleaders. I am very proud of my daughter and her team. Well you know my girl was the best, prettiest and most talented. GRINZZZZZZZ.... Can you believe that other parents actually thought their kids were the best, gessshhhh the nerve of them. HAHAHA!!! Laughing!!!!!

Before we knew it, it was time to return home. If it was not Holy week; which is the busiest week at work for me. I would have stayed an extra few days without the concerns for the competition. But I must admit I was very happy to be heading home to see my husband. I sure did miss him. But shhh do not tell anyone!! Hmmmm almost 19 years of marriage; am I still suppose to miss him when we are apart? Well we missed our flight because I am a complete DUH!!! I had all the papers from the airline together. Well they had changed the time of our flight and when I checked the time I was looking at the original flight plan not the updated one. When we arrived at the airport and she said we missed our flight, I almost fell over. Thank God we were able to catch another flight and arrive home a few hours late.

Back to the hustle and bustle of real life, arrrgghhh!!!

A side note: I normally do not sleep very well but at the resort I slept like a rock. I think it was the waves hitting the beach because we left the sliding glass door open. So I am going to buy a white noise machine that sounds like the ocean so I can hopefully sleep at night like I did at the resort, because the last two nights have been hell since we arrived home. Click here this is the one I am hoping to buy today!!! If anyone has any suggestions; I am all ears!!!

I would like to thank all my WONDERFUL blogging buddies who wished my daughter and her team well, and also for wishing us a safe journey. I want you all to know I greatly appreciate your kindness!!! Blogging has been an extraordinary experience for me! I have met so many kind and loving people!!! okay okay enough of the mushy stuff here is a sexy pic to leave you with, I do not want you to think I have gone soft!!!! ~winks~


11 Comments:

At 4/13/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Sounds like a great trip, filled with fun and adventure. I had read the previous post and wondered where you were. I was in the Navy stationed in Pensacola for a short time (quite a while back!), and did a few road trips to Ft Walton beach. Loved it. Congrats to the cheerleaders -- and good luck with your sleep ventures :)

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Were these the people on the beach? Was it is a nude beach? Haha! Just kidding. Sounds like a wonderful trip and third place in that big of a competiton was great. Sorry about the pics. You need to take pics of your daughters sea shells. I love sea shells.

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Wow cherish for this being a rewrite this is an excellent post. I've thorougly enjoyed reading about you and your children's trip.
Sounds like you were able to squeeze in a lot of fun along with the competition and the story of your daughter and the seashells is very cute.

Thanks for all the pics and cherish I didn't realize your hair had gotten so long..(wink).
tc

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sounds like quite an adventure.

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Stringman: We really had a great time. I bought the white noise thingy from Brookstone. I am looking forward to seeing how it works tonight. Welcome back, I missed you!!

Sonya: Oh yeah girl you know I visit the neked beaches whenever I get a chance, hehe... I will get some pics of her shells. I have to recharge my camera.

Top Cat: It is shorter than the first one. I am happy you enjoyed reading about our trip! Oh she was so cute with the seashells. Yuppers it has grown longer since the last time you saw it!

Zen Wizard: Oh yes it was a great adventure! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

all right naked chicks, is that you?

i used to try to embarass my sister in public too.

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Sorry, but you have been tagged on my blog.

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

:) speechless.

I need a holiday.

 
At 4/14/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow fantastic! I am glad that you had such a wonderful time! I could imagine your son being surrounded by all those girls ... he must have been in heaven :). Too bad about the camera - I dropped mine a little ways and the little knobby things acts up sometimes. Too fragile! Congratulations to your daughter's team - third place is great! I still do not know how they would judge cheerleading and I certainly would not want to do it!

 
At 4/15/2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I found your blog when I was searching for some cheer pics of my daughters squad. My daughter has cheered for 4 years and I have coached her squad all these years. I have just signed her up for an All Star Squad (we've been cheering for a rec team). Congrats on Third Place. Thats great!!!!! Look forward to reading more on your cheerleading experiences =)

 
At 4/15/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Big Ben: I knew you would like those nakie girls. That is not me in the picture but I sure wish it was!!

Sonya: I like being tagged no reason to be sorry!

RHSP: Come and visit!!

LoB: I have no idea how they judge either. The worse thing is they judge different at every competition. We did have a fantastic time! It was very beautiful in Florida. My son was in heaven with all those cheerleaders. Although he took quite a fancy to my daughter's friend's sister who was beautiful and 22 years old, ugghhh.... hehe

Lisa: Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I am happy you found me. I went over to your blog and it is fantastic!! WoW very fancy. You will not find anything fancy here I am computer illiterate. Our season is winding down; only two more competitions. A small break then they will begin working on next year's routine. My son will start football at the end of summer. Lots of running and lots of fun!!! Thanks again for stopping by!
PS I love your avator. On my friend Gary's blog a girl named Michelle signs it and she has one similiar but it is I dream of Jeanie and she is blinking very cute!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home