Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My New Favorite Song

This song speaks to me! I absolutely love it and listen to it over and over and over and over. I just can not seem to get enough of this wonderful song!!


"Goodbye My Lover"
By James Blunt

Click here to see the video!!
Thank you Sonya!! Huggs and Kisssess


Click here to hear a sample of the song
(I have the CD but I have no clue how to add the song here)

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.

I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bare my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet. Goodbye my lover.

Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.
I'm so hollow, baby,
I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

20 Comments:

At 4/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Cherish for posting this. It is beautiful and makes me think of someone who was (is still) very special to me even though we were not meant to be (R). You are a beautiful spirit and thanks for being such a good friend to my friend (R). I know that he appreciates it a lot.
xoxo,
M

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger cherish said...

You are VERY welcome M!!!

He is VERY special to me and his friendship means the absolute world to me.

This is an amazing song. The funny thing is I would sing the song as I heard it to be. I love his voice. Then one day I opened the CD cover to find the words inside. I was singing along with this song as I always did but this time knowing every single word. I was sobbing by the end of the song.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I am not familiar with the song, but I will check it out...

 
At 4/12/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

I will check this song out at a later date.. it sounds like it will make me cry, and I need my mascara to hold up until after work *wink*

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Great song. To put a video clip in, just go to:
http://www.discoverclips.com/
you can pick a song and it will give you the code to put in your post. Pretty cool.

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Gary said...

I don't watch Oprah much at all. But I heard he was going to be on so I watched. He is a SUPER nice guy. Nice to see someone like that have so much success.

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I got the album from a friend a couple weeks ago. I have not listened to it - guess I need to now.

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

It isn't playing for me either. In the code did you get the song included?

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr Fabulous: Thank you very much! I think it is a girlie song but it is so beautiful and moves me.

XMichra: It sure does make me cry!! Especially now that I know the words!

Sonya: Thank you for the advice. Sorry I am such a ding that can not get it to work! It really is a great song!

Gary: I saw that Oprah as well; isnt he just the sweetest person! He has such beautiful piercing eyes. mmmnn VERY yummy!!! hehe Oopss sorry wipes up the drool from the comment box. WINKS! I really did think he was a sweetie. The first time I heard this song was on Oprah and I ran out to buy the album.

LoB: Smiles. I hope you will enjoy the album!

Sonya: I just cut and pasted code from the site. The hyperlinked worked great! Thank you for the help!!

I am so frustrated because I just lost my entire Trip Post. I worked on it last night and all morning. Someone walked into my office and I clicked save draft. Not sure what happened but I must have deleted then saved. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Thanks again my sweet friend!

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Cherish - you are welcome. Just glad it worked for you.

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

These are very touching lyrics, the song also does what music should do, touch people and their emotions.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
tc

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Very nice.

 
At 4/12/2006, Blogger boo said...

bootiful song, bootiful u :)

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Underachiever said...

Love it!

Love,

Undr(Rentable Friend and Lover.)

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Love the album!

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger Leesa said...

I love this line:

You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.


I have never heard of James Blunt - I like his voice, love this song.

And I don't know if I ever thanked you for the G Carlin stuff. It touched me.

Oh, by the way, I have heard his song, "Beautiful" on many cancer patient sites. I love that song as well.

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

Great song and post cherish. Sorry i've not commented lately... been ummm, busy with the gang, you know. ;)
Hugs and have a good day.
~gina~

 
At 4/13/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sonya: It worked great thanks to you!!

TC: Absolutely!! It touches me like words can not describe!

Tim: I am happy you liked it!

Boo: Aww thank you so much!! blushes

Undr: Smiles glad you liked it!! Breaks my piggy bank! Wants to rent Undr

RHSP: Me too!!! He is an awesome artist.

Leesa: That was a great post on your blog today!!! You did thank me before but you are welcome again! I am happy you enjoyed the song like I did.

Gina: Huggsss thanks for taking time from the gang for me!!! hehe

 
At 4/14/2006, Blogger The Cake Lady said...

I absolutely love James Blunt, although the first song I heard of his was "You're Beautiful" and though it was Rod Stuart. HaHa! Now I have all his stuff downloaded! If you like him you'll love John Mayer. Look for the song "Daughters"! It's amazing and will definitely make you cry! Glad your daughter did so well and you all had a great time and got back safe!

 
At 4/14/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Cake Lady: I love John Mayer too and that song Daughters ughhh makes me cry everytime. I think the truer the song is the better it is. Have you ever heard of Chris Deburgh (sp)James Blunt also reminds me of him as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home