Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Surprise Surprise Surprise

Remember Gomer Pyle? I know I am dating myself but I loved that show. It totally cracked me up as a child. It was one of my favorites next to Gilligan's Island, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie. But I must mention my ALL time favorite I love Lucy!!!

Well this post is not really about Gomer Pyle. It is about my son's surprise party. My mother and I had planned on setting the party up on Friday. We were going to have everything at the hall completely ready for Saturday. My mom and I are both off work soooooo great plan, right? Yup yup I thought so too! But you know the old saying the Best Laid Plans. Not only do I have off and my mom has off, guess who has off school? Absolutely right!!!!!! My son has Friday off. UGHHHHHHHH So the plans change yet again. Although this actually works out better for one person and one person alone. ME ME ME ME ME ME GRINZZZZZZZZZZZZ but shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone! Now my husband, mother, daughter and my brother have to set up the party on Saturday morning while I have my son at Walmart. hehehe... My mom is so awesome, she has been helping me with this party like crazy. Wrapping all the gifts for the gift swap, the prizes for the games and buying soda's like nobody's business. I always say I aspire to be like my mom but if by the end of my time on earth, I have only become half the person she is I will have accomplished a lot in life. She really is awesome. I will feel badly when I have to put her in a home when she starts slowing down. HEHEHE Ohhhh I am JUST kidding!! Although we joke about it all the time. If she forgets something I say one step closer to the home, Mom. She laughs and says just make sure they karaoke and bingo. Chuckles she is so funny....

The other thing she jokes about (which is kind of morbid) is when she dies. She wants to be cremated. She wants me to mail her all over the world and when her ashes return home. She wants me to split her ashes between my brother and myself. She would like to be placed over the refrigerator so she can watch the food going in and out at both houses. I know she is whacked but at least she is fun. Laughssssssss..... My mom has been my hero since I was a little girl. Everyone thought it was strange that my mom was my matron of honor at my wedding. But it made perfect sense to me because she was my everything since the day I met her.

12 Comments:

At 3/28/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Your mom was your matron on honor? How cool! I would never of think of that. That is awesome. I too have a mom that is my mom and best friend. We joke about her in a home too. I tell her she has to go in one, cuz I'm not going to change her diapers. Sick, I know.

Glad the party is under way.

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

You and your mom really joke about things like that? HAHA that is sooo cool! You know that cremated thing is soo cool to be mailed all over, but really? .. in the fridge? I don't get it >:P haha

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Your Mom sounds like a wonderful woman and friend. Hopefully she'll get to see some of the world her ashes will later visit :)

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sonya: LAUGHS!! my kids tell my husband that all the time!! We are not changing your diapers. It was great having her as my Matron of Honor. Happy Tuesday!

LoB: Hehehe We really do kid about it. I always tell her I am going to put her in my shed out back instead of a home. I said I will just change the poster on the wall every now and again so she thinks she is in different places.

Well not in the frig on top of it. She wants to watch the food going in and out of the refrigerator at both houses.

Stringman: My mom has seen most of the world. She use to travel all the time. Now we keep her at home incase we need a babysitter. hehe Just Kidding...

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

i love your excitement about the upcoming party and hope it's a huge success. i know it will be... how could it not be with a mom like yours by your side to help out. Great post cherish.
Hugs,
~gina~

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

this party sounds like da bomb..I think my invitation got lost in the postal service..uh huh!:)

Your mom sounds so cool.
When my father passed he was cremated and his wish was to be thrown over the waters of Florida.
We drove around looking for the perfect place, we found one on top of a small bridge in a bay, I scooped up some of pop and threw it into the air...not a good idea, there was a strong breeze and he came flying back into my face..yep, I got some on my mouth..uh huh I swallowed my DAD..gross!!
I swear since then I've taken on some of his characteristics.

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Sounds to me like you're an awesome Mom. You're putting so much work and thought into this party. You rock!

And, I don't see anything wrong w/ your Mom being your matron of honour. Tres cool.

:-)

 
At 3/28/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Gina: Thank you so much, huggggssss!!!

I am so excited I feel as if I will jump out of my skin. It is the only thing I have been able to think about for the past few weeks. As my post reflect... I am sure I have bored everyone to death.

TC: Hmmm I wondered why I never received your R.S.V.P for the party.

As far as your dad goes; Ummmm errrrrr ahhhh.... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW okay I am sorry but ICK, yuck and UGHHHHHHHHHHH.....

Still Searching: Well, that means a lot to me coming from you because I think you are a great mom!! So thank you so very much for your comment.

It was great having my mom as my Matron of Honor I think people are shocked because it was out of the ordinary but it sure did feel right to me!!!

 
At 3/29/2006, Blogger alan said...

I knew there was a reason you were you; I never expected it to be Mom!

:o)

alan

 
At 3/29/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I used to date myself too, but once I got a girlfriend I didn't have to anymore...

 
At 3/29/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Mr. Fab: LMAO!!!! You are so funny!! hehehe... I only have one question; when you dated yourself who paid? ~winks~

 
At 3/31/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home