Saturday, March 25, 2006

Peer Pressure

Well I have succumbed to peer pressure. I went into Radio Shack to get a Blue Tooth Earpiece thingy. I had no idea what it was but I heard they are fantastic. My husband does not call me Inspector Gadget for nothing. I love stuff like that. But I thought it would be so great not to have to hold the phone when I am driving. Because I am always on the cell phone in the car. So I thought I would spend up to 50 bucks on the headset from blue tooth. I go into Radio Shack and the guy talks me into one that is 120 bucks. accckkk

Let me just say that again One Hundred and Twenty BUCKS!!!!!!! What the hell was I thinking? I just went right along with everything he was saying. I allowed him to pressure me into buying something that was too expensive. He made great sense and also talked me into buying the extra warranty(twenty more bucks). He was not even good looking. Okay if he was a HOTTIE then I would have known why I lost my head and spent all that money. I spoke to my friend on the phone who was very surprised at how much I spent. Well I could not even bring myself to open the package. I keep looking at it. It is very cute and does a lot of cool things. But again 120 dollars.... Heck I did not even spend that much on my children's cell phones. Needless to say I will be returning this gadget because I can not justify spending so much money(and trust me I have tried, because I want it). US POOOOOOO Folks don't spend all that money on a headset. I always tell my husband when I get married again I am marrying for money. I already married for love so next hubby will be a millionaire. He always says "good as long as I get a lot of alimony", hehehehe!!!.

When I think back to when my husband and I were first married. We were so poor. We did not even have cable back then. We had three channels on the Caveman Network. When we got married he had been unemployed for 10 months. I was going to college and working 2 jobs. But I have to say we were happy. We played games, cards, watched movies and spent all our time together. Hehe We did not have any money to go anywhere. One of my jobs was working at a video store so we did get all the movies we wanted to watch rent free. We were married for four years before my daughter arrived. I remember my husband calling me babygirl until she arrived. Then she was his babygirl and I was the house wench. LMAO!!!! The kids love to hear stories about when we first got married, hand me down furniture, old cars and ate lots of hamburger... My daughter loves the picture of our first Christmas Tree. Charlie Brown's tree looked like a giant compared to this little pitiful tree with my grandparents old ornaments on it. We worked together and grew together. Those really were the good old days, although I could never go back to a time before we had children.

17 Comments:

At 3/25/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

it's one of those evolutionary things. You start out with squat, you ge tmarried and hopefully you end up spending moneyon crazy things because you have worked hard and forgot what eating noodles for a week feels like ;)

I have stories like that with Mark.. and I know we had our selves a charlie brown tree too!

 
At 3/25/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

Ahh those wonderful first years of not having a friggin' dime...I hated that feeling...when having ten bucks felt like a fortune.

I did the blue tooth thingy awhile ago...just one more "thing" to carry around...an evil necessity...

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I remember those days too. I guess I have a nostalgic fondness for them, but I don't think I'd want to return to them.

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I worked at a video store too when hubby and I first moved in together. But, after watching movies all day that's the LAST thing I wanted to do when I got home. We did play a lot of games and talked, talked, talked. (Not to mention tons of homemade soup, spaghetti etc...anything that was cheap!) Them's was the days!

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

i miss my school days... no stress, no worries.. only books.

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I love this post, I think I will blog about my past as well.

I love the pic of the wench, where do you find these things?

Don't feel bad, I'm a sucker for those infomercials, one time we ordered a WOK from TV, I think we used it once..and then there's the entire season 1 of Pee Wee's Playhouse(I still love that one tho)heh heh heh

The earplug thing might be a good idea for driving but get one that's a lot less money.:)

tc

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Dear AL said...

One Hundred and Twenty BUCKS!!!!!!! Are you nuts? You could've gave it to me!

I remember those days, living in an studio apartment with my girl, but now we're doing a whole lot better, well she is. since she's in charge of all the money!

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Kween_of_klubs said...

Go Go gadget earpiece...

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Happy Sunday Everyone!

XMichra: I think those struggles bond a husband and wife. Plus it is great to remember, it helps one appreciate what they have.

Jim: Oh yeah I can remember that feeling well on Christmas or Birthdays when we received cash as gifts. We thought we were rich because we had 50 bucks.

Mr. Fabulous: I do not think I would like to return to hard times. But I miss the time with my husband. But they are very nostalgic times and they are fun to visit the memories.

Still Searching: That is so weird, we both had the same job. You forgot sex, talk, sex, talk, hehehe... We really did have a great time though.

RHSP: Its funny because we are trying to get the kids to understand this is the best time of their life!

TC: Thank you!! I am happy you liked it. Oh my Pee Wee's playhouse, ughhhh.. I look forward to reading a post about your past times!

Dear Al: Hmmm the warden keeps track of the money too eh??? GRINZ!

Kween: Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I love this post. I think you being poor puts things in perspective. If not you wouldn't be fretting about the $120. That's a lot of money, I agree, and you remember the 'good ol' poor days' so you agree too.

Even though you can afford it now I don't think I could justify that either. I want a new cell phone too. I don't talk to that many people to need a hands free one, but mine is the cheapest, basic walk and talk. That's it. All I could afford. lol.

I liked that you said you got married when he was out of work for 10 months. You must have been young. I say because I think of my sis in her thirties and she's all about the money. I can see her point. At that point you're not looking to live like a college kid anymore.

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Hi Cherish. Just stopping by from BeadingGal's place. Your 'picture' always intrigues me when I'm there :)

I often make calls in my car on the way to and from work, usually checking in on friends around the country. Seems like a productive, enjoyable way to spend 30-40 minutes twice a day. I like the basic wire-type ear pieces that usually come with the phone. Allows you talk discreetly (holding the mic close to your lips) when necessary. Never liked the 'blue-tooth' kind.

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Gunngirl: Chuckles you are right very young! I met my husband when I just turned 19 and married one year later. I think 20 is way too young to be married. I think one should wait until they are in their thirties. But I do believe you grow together or you grow apart, there is no middle ground. Thanks for visiting! I hope you are feeling better.

Stringman: Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I stopped by your blog and it is wonderful! I have tried every earpiece known to man, I have abnormally small ear canals (of course the one thing on me that has to be small and no one sees it, lol) but the regular earpieces hurt my ears something terrible. When I looked at the blue tooth thingy it just clips on your ear and does not go in your ear.

 
At 3/26/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

You could afford a tree? :)

 
At 3/27/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sir Tim: You got me... Someone gave us the horrid tree!

 
At 3/27/2006, Blogger Akash said...

BEaYOUtiful Blog!

Thank you.

 
At 3/27/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Akash: Thank you so much! I am very happy you liked it. My little corner of the internet, I know it is not fancy but it is all mine!!!

 
At 3/27/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I have one of the bluetooth headsets - but I got mine off ebay for $65 =) I am such a bargain hunter! And I think that I can think of other things to do with $120 haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home