Sunday, March 12, 2006

Passive Aggressive Personality


Main Entry: 1passive–aggressiveFunction: adjective: being, marked by, or displaying behavior characterized by expression of negative feelings, resentment, and aggression in an unassertive way (as through procrastination, stubbornness, and unwillingness to communicate) —passive–aggressively adverb



I think passive aggressive personality has to be the worse personality to deal with. The person seems so sweet and kind but watch out. There is evil lurking behind that angelic smile!!!!


Well I am not passive aggressive at all. If you piss me off we will discuss it and move on. But that is mainly in real life. Here in blogworld that is not as easy. I think we do little things to let the person know we are not happy with them; like stop leaving comments. Well I always worry when someone stops commenting on my blog. Because I was upset with someone and stopped signing his blog. I wanted him to know I was upset with him but I just could not tell him. How childish, I mean it is so unlike me and I am still very embarrassed I acted in such a manner. Guess What? He could have cared less whether I signed his blog. I was protesting to no one. I should have gone to him and said this is upsetting me, we would have discussed it and continued with our friendship. But instead I opted to act like a spoiled rotten brat. Well I will never let that happened again.

DISCLAIMER: This is not directed at anyone who has stopped commenting on my blog. This entry is about me and how I behaved poorly when someone upset me. I thought it was clear but I guess I was wrong. I do not care who does not comment on my blog. But I do care who does comment on my blog; I enjoy every comment I receive, I am very grateful and I appreciate the time people take to comment. My blog is not for everyone I am quite aware of that and I accept it willingly. I can not please everyone and I never thought I could. This blog is about my life, my feelings, my fantasies, my dreams and my realities. If it is not your cup of tea please hit the X or the next blog button. Thank you!

12 Comments:

At 3/12/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I know what you mean cherish.
I think most of us bloggers are a sensitive group and it seems easy to become hurt or upset by what we perceive as the actions of another blogger.

I am trying more to realize this blogging world for what it is and not take things so personal.

Great post and something to think about.

 
At 3/12/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

My boss hates when people say NO to her.

 
At 3/12/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

hmm. I honestly don't know what to say with this post. great thoughts as always.. bt no advice today. Just ((hugs)).

 
At 3/12/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: Thanks for understanding!

RHSP: You best not say no then!

XMichra: HUGGSSS smiles this happened a while ago, it is in the past. I just thought I would write about it today.

 
At 3/12/2006, Blogger The Michael said...

When I saw that knife I decided I best comment. So, here, I commented. Please, don't kill me. I have a wife and goats. And two cats. And a lizard. Oh, and a betta.

 
At 3/12/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Michael: Very good idea!!! chuckles and you better keep on signing my blog or else ~winks~... Actually that picture just reminded me of "passive aggressive" Gonna shake your hand but stab you in the same breath. Do you think I should take it down?

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Waddle like a duck, quack like a duck, let the water roll off your back like a duck. Well blogging is about what you want to write and unforunate that other ppl take it personal.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

No comment. :)

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Pirate said...

ditto.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

"Passive/Aggressive" is a term that is often used and very infrequently truly understood.

This psychiatrist I used to go to explained it like this:

Imagine a pendulum. Pointing directly towards the ground is "Assertive." Nobody is perfect enough to be "Assertive" all the time.

On one side of Assertive is "Passive," and all the other way is various degrees of "Aggressive."

Healthy people should try to get the pendulum to swing as little as possible--it is impossible to be 100% "non-passive/aggressive."

The other extreme is someone like Mark O. Barton: a grinning Boy Scout troup leader and "family man" who, when the Dow dips and he loses money, goes on a killing spree and kills 9 people and then himself.

In other words, there was probably a lot of stuff festering in there for a long time, and the stock loss was the catalyst to go from "passive" to "aggressive."

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I tend to take things personally but I figured out that rarely is it meant that way. Just happens to be the way I've interpreted it. We are all human, it happens.
:-)

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger cherish said...

LoB: Absolutely!! Thank you very much. I have thought about just hanging the blog up for now. I am not into all the drama. But I do enjoy it so much... decisions decisions!!

Tim and Pirate: Thank you for stopping by smiles!

Zen: Thank you very much for the great information as always very interesting!!

Still Searching: I agree with you completely and my feelings get hurt too. I think it is a part of human nature. But this post was about me and how I acted. It was just an apology and I do not want anyone to think I was referring to anyone but myself hence the disclaimer!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home