Thursday, March 23, 2006

Have You Ever Asked Yourself; How Did Things Spin So Out of Control?

Well today is the day. GULPS. Whines And Pouts...


My son turned 13 years old today.

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET ANGELI am officially the mother of two teenagers. How the heck did this happen? My babies... my travelling buddies...my playmates... Now I am looking at a 14 year old and a 13 year old. Two Teenagers.... UGHHHHHH

It seems just like yesterday I was driving to Chuck E Cheese's, singing Barney songs, looking back seeing my two beautiful babies in matching carseats. I had the lil limo double stroller that took up the entire trunk of my Blazer. This stroller is tiny compared to the one we had. Someone got smart and made it more compact. Oh how many times I complained pulling that thing out of the truck and putting it back in. I could not wait until they were able to walk. What was I thinking???? I just want them back in the double stroller. And I MISS Barney!!! We went to Florida and saw Barney in concert. Oh boy I was so excited. My husband videotaped the three kids (my daughter 3, my son 2 and me 27) watching Barney on stage. It was a bit hard to hear Barney on the tape over my husband's laughter. After we left the show my husband burst out into laughter outside, I said what? he continued to laugh WHAT?? He said I think you were more excited than the kids to see Barney. Okay not one of my more crowning moments but I had to laugh when I watched the video tape, heck you would have thought I was watching Greenday and Billy Joe was singing just to me.

Well I am very thankful for my children. It has been a wonderful 14 years!!! I know I know I will be complaining about them tomorrow but today I am reminiscing... Smiles I crawled into bed with him this morning and told him all about the day he arrived.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!!

13 Comments:

At 3/23/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

aww! Well I think it's great that you cheered for barney, not many parents would be that brave. but the dinosaur probably helped you through many a tantrum... so he would be celerity status!

Now you have to endure the teenage years.. but on the upside grand kids are the next stage, and apparently that's the best!

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Happy Birthday to your son. I'm not quite sure how to react to Barney, however. A TeleTubby maybe, but not Barney :)

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Happy B-day to Cherish's son!

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

Happy Birthday to your Son! He's lucky to have a Mom like you ;-)

Grif turned 6 yesterday

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger Kristen said...

This made me appreciate my little ones even more

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

You made me cry cherish. Bless you and yours my friend. And a very Happy Birthday to your son.
Hugs,
~gina~

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

That is so cute and funny, I can just imagine you holding up a cigarette lighter for a Barney encore..LMAO..

Happy Birthday to your son, he has one of the worlds' best mom's.

tc

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Oh boy, soon they'll be borrowing the car, you'll be waiting up for them...

Yikes!

 
At 3/23/2006, Blogger The Michael said...

I love you
you love me
let's hang Barney from a tree......

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger alan said...

Since I came home from work and found this, a Happy Belated Birthday to a lucky boy with one of the best Mom's on the planet!

alan

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Xmichra: I hope you are feeling better!! Honestly, I just loved Barney. My kids loved Barney too. He was cool and the songs were fun. GRANDKIDS????? Acckkkk Not for 10 to 15 more years. I need to get them through college first.

Tim: Thank you so much! OH I hated the Teletubbys..

Sonya: Thank you Very much!!!!

Phil: Happy Birthday to Grif and thank you for the kinds words. You are very sweet.

Kristen: Oh enjoy them while they are young. I miss my babies so much! Thank you for visiting my blog and I look forward to visiting yours on Friday.

gina: Thank you so much! Wipes your tears... huggssss you tight!

TC: LAUGHING My ASS OFF @ the lighter for Barney, hehehe. hmmm I will have to ask hubby I may have!! as I begged for one more encore. chuckles. Thank you so much for the wishes and the kind words. You are one in a million!

Mr. Fabulous: I let my daughter drive my car during the summer. We were waiting for her gymnastics coach to finish up with the private lesson before her lesson. So I let her drive my car around the parking lot. Well she is hooked. She always volunteers to move cars if we need to get a car out that is buried. She loves to drive. My husband went off that I let her drive in the parking lot but even moreso because I let her move the cars. gulps... Thank you!!!!!

Michael: That is NOT nice! No hanging my friend. CRIESSSSSSSS

Alan: Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I wish I was a great mom. Most of the time I fall very short.

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Omigosh, it's hard isn't it? My Babygirl just turned nine and all I could think was... Nine? NINE?!? HOW could she be NINE already!?!?

Brings tears and smiles at the same time, thinking back, looking forward. *sigh*

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger cherish said...

OH Still Searching you have a big birthday coming up. Wait until she is double digits. UGHHH That is a big birthday for them. Both my kids were so excited about being 10 (double digits).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home