Sunday, March 12, 2006

Grand Champions!!! and a New Template

I had to change my template because the other one was not working out. I liked it so much but it was going crazy. Well I always use large font because on the other templates it was easier to see but on this template it is huge, so my apologies for previous posts but I am not going through and changing them.



Well we had a cheer competition this Sunday. We brought all four teams and they did great. Three first place finishes and one second place finish. Our mini team received second place but I can not understand why they did great, and really nailed their routine. But sometimes you just do not know what the judges are looking for at each competition. Well my daughter's team took Grand Champions!! WOOO HOOO!!! I was so excited. But they beat their rival team and that is all that matters. It means so much to them. I think it is pretty stupid to have two different organizations from one area. These kids go to school together and play other sports together. It makes the rivalry pretty intense. Our girls are good sports and not poor winners. But the other team have made many comments about my daughter's team. How they are not that good blah blah blah. My son was girlfriend/boyfriend with a girl on the other team and she told him my daughter's team sucked. He said well that is too bad for your team considering they beat you at the last competition. Laughing... that one did not last long. My son can be mean to my daughter but he will not tolerate anyone else being mean to her. Well anyway the competition was exhausting, my knee is three times the size it should be. SO I have an Icy Hot pad on it. It SUCKS getting old!

13 Comments:

At 3/13/2006, Blogger alan said...

Wow, I get busy for a few days and miss so much!

Congrats on the dishwasher! Sorry about the cookware, I've bought things that surprised me that way a few times...

Sorry about your knee!Hope the patch works for you!

Glad your daugher's team put the naysayers to shame and won the competition!

Finally, I work with a lot of people just like the guy in that picture...the funny part is how little they truly gain by it!

:o)

alan

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Congrats to your daughters team!!!

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Congrats to the team!! :)

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Congrats to the girls. I'm sure they worked hard for this. Nice template also.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

Congratulations on your daughter's team victory and on your new template. Sorry about your knee.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Pirate said...

pain seems to stay longer when you limp over the threshold of 40. looks like you are a busy blogger.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Dear AL said...

Congratulations to your daughters team!

Yeah, it sucks getting old! But wait till you get to the age of uncontrollable farts! Not saying that I have that problem, but that stage does exist, just wish Dad would put a cork in it!

Hope your knee feels better soon!

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Congratulations!

And us geezers sure do appreciate the large font.

 
At 3/13/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

I love the larger font. I try to fix my font all the time before I post.. sometimes I forget I am using retarded Microsoft Word which HATES firefox and word press... so I get that garbbly gook between paragraphs if you look at my page with Internet Explorer. Oh well.

Great news on the cheer front! You must be so proud!
And I was the same way as your oby. i could beat the crap out of my brother, I caould taunt him to the end of time, I could tattle all day long... but if you so much as thought abou tdoing anything to him, yer ass was grass!

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

HEy that's great cherish, congrats on the competition.
Sorry to hear about your knee, you take care of it now and QUIT RUNNIN ALL OVER TOWN!!!!! and give it a rest..lol
Tc

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Congrats! D2 did competitive cheerleading which led to a spot on the varsity squad as a freshman. She's the flyer, which makes me pretty nervous every time she goes up.

 
At 3/13/2006, Blogger Big Ben said...

cute girls. Your son has a girlfriend already?

 
At 3/14/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Alan: Thanks!! The dishwasher is great...pssst so is the cookware ~winks~. I am planning on my knee being better SOON!!! hehe its on my calendar. lol The competition was great, I love watching them perform. I agree completely you will never get anywhere by stabbing someone in the back.

Linda: THANKS!!!!!!

LoB: THANKS!!!!!!!

Sonya: It amazes me how hard they work thank you.

Tim: Thank you very much!

Pirate: Thanks for stopping by... I am almost forty, ughhhh!!!

Dear Al: Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words.

Zen: Thank you LOL @ geezers.

XMichra: Thank you!!! My brother was the same way, he would beat me senseless but look at me wrong and he was going after you.

TC: Thank you!! zoom zoom

Fred: When they throw thoses girls up I hold my breath every time. Last year my daughter's squad had this tiny little girl on their team (she was a premature baby) they would throw her up so HIGH the crowd gasped every single time. I would say to my daughter no matter what happens you catch her. Thank God they always did!!!

Ben: Thank you! My son has had a girlfriend since he was in 3 year old nursery school. He was teeny tiny and she was so tall. She was a good two heads taller than him. She carried him around like a baby. He would tell everyone I love Victoria. Everytime we were at the store he would want to buy her candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home