Friday, March 24, 2006

A Fantastic Day

We had such a great day yesterday. I sent my son a text message for his birthday. I use the program that you just type the word and it comes up by itself. I can not think of what it is called. Well sometimes it is not the word you want and you can scroll through it. Well my kids like that tap method. They tap out each letter, well patience is not one of my better qualities so I just go with the other method.

This is the message I sent my son on his cell phone:

Happy Birthday to You
You Live in a Zoo
You Look Like a Monkey
And You Smell Like One Too
I love You
You are a Good Boy!



This is the message my son received because I just typed it in quickly and never looked at it:

Happy Birthday to You
You Live in a Zoo
You Look Like a Monkey
And You Smell Like One Too
I love You
You are a Home Boy!

My son has an awesome sense of humor and he thought it was a joke. But when I typed the letters for good, home came up and I did not realize it. Well he thought it was the funniest thing that his mother called him home boy. He showed all his friends and they all got a chuckle out of it. When he arrived home from school, he called me and I said did you get my message? He said yeah Momma, thanks, everyone thought it was funny you called me home boy. I said I did not call you homeboy! Then it hit me oh crap son when I typed in good it came up home and I should have changed it. Well he laughed and said I wondered why you called me home boy.



In our family we go out to eat when there is a birthday, if it is your birthday you pick the restaurant. My son picked Sakura's Japanese Restaurant and Steak House. It is a really cool place where you sit around the grill and the chef cooks right in front of you. Normally the guy is very funny and entertains too. They sit 10 people at one grill, so we were with 5 other people. There was a brother and sister both teenagers and a set of grandparents with a little girl at our table. Well last time we went there the guy was a dud. But this time the guy was excellent!!!He was absolutely hysterical. We were laughing and clapping it was FANTASTIC!! He was flirting a bit with my daughter. He kept saying Miss Beautiful and pretty girl. All the little jokes they do were all directed at her. It was cute!! The food was beyond excellent. They brought out a piece of cheesecake with a candle and everyone sang Happy Birthday to my blushing son. Well the chef thanked everyone and asked if everything was okay. Then he told my daughter she had beautiful eyes, very strong and dark. Well she is very shy so she started looking down and blushing. He said with a big smile how old are you? My husband and I both replied simultaneously FOURTEEN. His mouth hit the floor. He said 14? We both again simultaneously said YES!! The poor guy walked away saying fourteen? LAUGHS!!! Well she thought he was making fun of her so she got upset. We tried to explain that he took a shine to her but did not realize she was so young. Well then she got angry with us because she thought we were teasing her. Hormones are so much fun!!! She does not understand she is gorgeous. She told me one time that people come up to us and say how stunning and beautiful she is because they feel sorry for her. sighs deeply! My friend has a daughter who is probably 250 pounds, not attractive at all but a very sweet girl. This girl thinks she is a total diva. I can not understand why my daughter's self esteem is non existant. Well after we left the restaurant we went back to my mom's house for cake and presents. I bought my son this game for Playstation that he wanted. When he saw it he was thrilled and called his friend. Here is their conversation (I can only assume what the other boy was saying):

Son: Hey Man Guess what I got for my birthday?

Friend: What?

Son: Game

Friend: NU UH

Son: UH HUH

Friend: NU UH

Son: Uh huh, Really I did

Friend: NU UH

Son: K Lata

Laughing, those kids are so goofy!


Well I am off to go shopping for my son's surprise party. His surprise party is on April 1st. I think we have him fooled. I hope his friends do not tell him. He is expecting a party because I had a surprise party for my daughter's 13th birthday. He keeps expecting it and is a bit disappointed when he does not find a party. chuckles But I am hoping by April 1st he will have forgotten about his birthday. For my daughter's party, my mom took her out for lunch and then shopping. Then brought her back to the hall for the party. Well last weekend while we were at the cheerleading competition my mom took him out for lunch and shopping. LAUGHS He was expecting a party when he returned home. He kept calling us and saying where are you? I said at the competition... He replied Ohhhhhh.... hehe!! Then last night when we went back to my mom's he said hmmmm no lights in Grammie's house?? hehehe.... He was assuming everyone was hiding in her house. HEY Paybacks!!

T.G.I.F. Wishes Everyone a Fun and Exciting Weekend!!!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 3/24/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you have a great weekend! Sounds like yall had a great night. I love hibachi grills. Have fun shopping.

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Sounds like a most lovely dinner hon.

You know, a lot of girls that age go through that self esteem issue. I know I did, and now when I look back and see pics of me at that age, I'm like, WTF was I thinking???

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

cherish this is so cute and funny as well as heartwarming.

thank you for sharing your family stories, it's nice to read of a functional family where love, caring and respect still exists.

You RAWK!
tc

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

That is great that you have created all of those cool birthday traditions. Good for you! It sounds great and I look forward to hearing how the suprise party goes.

 
At 3/24/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

hahaha... he will be so surprized!!!

Glad you all had a fantastic night out. Sounds like it was a blast!

Have a great friday to you too Cherish!

Peace out home girl ;)

 
At 3/25/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sonya: Thanks Sonya!! Shopping was no fun :(... I am having some problems with my knees so it was torture. I did get a bunch of prizes for the games and gift swap. After I went through everything I realize I need about 5 more gifts for the swap. But I am close!!!!

Still Searching: It was great!! I really do understand the self esteem thing, but I just feel like I have done something wrong with her. We never put our kids down, we always tell them how great they are but still she has low self esteem. Now my son is opposite he kids about how good looking he is, one time his teacher told the class wow it is hot in here and he replied thats because I am here. Although he is kidding he still has a great sense of self.

TC: Thank you so much!!! I never think of us as functional family. That always seems like it should be one of those family's on television. But it does work for us and we are happy.

Tim: Thank you very much. They are fun traditions. The kids get a day out with their grand mother to be spoiled and the center attention. Plus it is a great bonding time for them with my mom because with the kids being so close in age they have little time alone. So this is their day. Then going to restaurant is great now!! Its fun for the family and we like being together. We started when they were two years old, so you can guess how many birthday's we ended up at McDonalds. But the past 7 years or so they have picked good restaurants!!! My husband is a recovery alcoholic (19 years in May, YEAHHHHHH!!!!) so he really enjoys fine dining. He feels like he is not spending the money on beer so he can enjoy going to nice restaurants. Well we have always taken the kids along with us since they were 2 weeks old. So they have a love for good food too!

XMichra: Thank you it was great! Have a fantastic weekend! Feel better!

 
At 3/27/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Sounds like fun! I have thrown a couple surprise parties and you know ... it really is hard sometimes to kept it a secret especially when there are like 20 people coming!

 
At 4/21/2006, Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Congradulations on a well written, interesting and superb blog! Have you heard about the shocking news?

1000's of real people are earning quiet fortunes from home using the most ingenious automated system ever invented.

Are you curious to find out what this is all about?

Why not? You have nothing to lose.

You can sign up for this system absolutely free of charge and check it all out for yourself.

To start off, we have a video presentation for you to watch. Just turn up the speakers if you can, and click on the link below.

Have fun and open your mind.

It is all right here: internet treasure It successfully covers internet treasure related stuff.

Come and check it out now, Scott :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home