Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nightmare



I had the most awful dream lastnight. I dreamt that while we were in church this morning we were being attacked. It was so real. I am still bothered by the dream this afternoon. There is this underlying feeling of doom.

Well it was my mom, my daughter, my son and myself at church this morning. As we sit in church the bombs started. We could see them flying by the windows of the church.


I could hear them, smell them and feel them. Our priest started to usher us outside through a side door, and downstairs into the basement. I was calling my husband desperately telling him to meet us at the church. Before I entered the side door, I looked up to my desperation I saw fighter jets dropping bombs on the area. I was begging and pleading with my husband to come to the church. He said he was trying to get to us. I kept telling the children if we go we would all go together. They were hysterical and crying. My mom was silent and she just followed us. We ended up in this little room, we were huddled together, waiting for my husband to arrive. We could hear the bombs hitting and blowing up the church.



I woke up at 4am in a complete panic. I could barely catch my breath. The first thing that crossed my mind was we live on an Island and there are no basements. The churches, the stores, the homes, the schools and we do not have one structure that has a basement. I just could not get it together. The dream was so real. The desperation and panic was real. I felt as if I had an out of body experience.



The silly thing is that I could not bring myself to go to church this morning. Normally we go to 7am mass and 8am Sunday School. But I just could not go my stomach was in knots and I decided to skip it. I thought we would go to the 5pm service this evening but I still do not feel that I can go. How ridiculous is that? I know I know Major Crazy but it was such a real dream.

Have you ever had a dream that felt so real your mind could not let it go??

9 Comments:

At 2/26/2006, Blogger Underachiever said...

Sorry about the nightmare. I had a nightmare like that but it involved drunk Hawaiian tropic girls and a bottle of cheap wine...wait...that was a good dream. Nevermind.

Lub,
Undr

PS Don't worry, it's gonna be ok. Now go to church in your best catholic school uniform! Hubba Hubba!

 
At 2/26/2006, Blogger cherish said...

HEYYYYY who told you about my Catholic School Uniform! Thank you for stopping by and signing my blog!!!!!

 
At 2/26/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

Uh, ya.. those dreams suck ass. I had one reciently (as you know) and put me under the weather until the next day. Sometimes the imagination can be overwhelmingly real.. and you need to just be away from the 'trigger' to clear your emotional center.

Hope you are feeling better now that it is later... and hop eyou have a peascful nights sleep. *Sends warm light and warm blanket to Cherish*

 
At 2/26/2006, Blogger Lori said...

I hate dreams like that, I had a few bad dreams after watching the movie War of the worlds with Tom Cruise. Sweet dreams tonite my friend. {{{hugs}}}

 
At 2/26/2006, Blogger Enigma said...

Well, I've not had a dream quite like that. However, I have had nightmares that have stuck with me to the point of not being able to go back to sleep. There have even been some that still effected me at "bed time" the next night. Thankfully, they don't happen very often anymore.

May you have sweet dreams tonight.

 
At 2/27/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

awww, i'm sorry for the uneasiness that terrible nightmare caused you cherish. i hate that. i hope that it will pass soon and you will find peace once again. Have a good week.
Hugs,
~gina~

 
At 2/27/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

oh...that's terrible cherish.
I'm trying to think what this could mean but at the moment I can't get anything.

I have had dreams like that which were so real, so detailed they stayed with me for several days.

I know you had to be pretty bad in order to miss church.

 
At 2/27/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow sorry to hear that upset you so much. I have had dreams like that in the past that were very disturbing and could not shake the feeling. Funny thing is they always seemed to be bad dreams, not any of those good ones ;) haha

 
At 10/03/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home