Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Excellent Post Stolen from LoB

I thought this was such a wonderful post so I stole it from LoB so I could share it with you all. Please visit his wonderful blog (You will not be disappointed) so he does not sue me over copyright issues, tell him cherish sent you. ~winks~

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?"
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.
See what you think:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."Rebecca- age 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."Billy - age 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."Karl - age 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."Chrissy - age 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."Terri - age 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"Emily - age 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"Nikka - age 6 (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."Noelle - age 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."Tommy - age 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."Cindy - age 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."Clare - age 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."Elaine-age 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."Chris - age 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."Mary Ann - age 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."Lauren - age 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image)Karen - age 7
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."Mark - age 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."Jessica - age 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."

Please do not forget to go over and check out LoB's blog, tell him cherish sent you, hehe click here to visit LoB's blog.

18 Comments:

At 2/14/2006, Blogger Patrick said...

very nice

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Jaromir: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I really thought this was a great post, and it made me smile. Out of the mouth of babes as they say.

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

awesoome post. LoB had some great things to say!

Happy valentines day Cherish! I know I'm late.. but it still counts if I add a ((hug)) right??

Oh my god, the word verification is " gizmkink.. hehe

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Thanks cherish :) and yw

xmi - thats a good word haha! mine: "ferhvtrr" - boring

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger gon4good said...

Excellent chunks of wisdom and well worth stealing. And thanks for coming to see Cheney's rump.

vaggvd

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

Children are so honest. Great post.
Have a good day cherish.
Love & Light,
~gina~

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger Ap said...

The last one on the kid helping the older man cry made me cry as well.....

Now I have to fake a cold in the office.....

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Xmichra: Hugss you tight of course a hug fixes everything! I hope you are doing well and I am thrilled about your new job! Leave it to you to get kink in your word verification. chuckles

LoB: Thanks for not suing me! HUGS and it was a great post!

Ipizudic: That was so darn funny!!! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

gina: Thank you and Happy you enjoyed it! Huggs

AP: Awww sorry about that but it was a good cry!

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Nice.

Happy Hump Day!

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Great post here and over at LoB's!!

Lori and I was just talking about you...heehee was your ears burning?? I think we mentioned something about a whip. ;)

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

the innocence and truth spoken by children is mind blowing.
I used to love "kids say the darndest things", so cute.

Thanks for sharing LoB's post and thank you LoB for posting it.:)

 
At 2/15/2006, Blogger boo said...

'love is when a girl puts on perfume & a boy puts on shaving cologne & they go out & smell each other' karl - age 5

precious. thanks for visiting with me & sharing this great post :) happy valentines day :)

 
At 2/16/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I particularly like the first one. That pretty much says it all to me.
:-)

 
At 2/16/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I liked the one about someone making you smile even when you're tired. Hee.

Nice thoughts from the little ones.

 
At 2/17/2006, Blogger Zen Wizard said...

There are some remarkable insights in there.

 
At 2/18/2006, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I am sucker for the last part. My heart tugged a moment.

Anyway, Me Backy!

 
At 2/19/2006, Blogger Lori said...

Missing you.
xoxoxoxo

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Sonya: Woooo hoooo HUMP day!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhh!!!

Linda: HEYYYY That is why my ears were burning... I hope it was all naughty stuff you all talked about!!! hehehe!

TC: I agree!! I loved that show too! Out of the mouth of babes, cringes..

Boo: You are very welcome and I enjoyed your blog! Thank you for visiting me!

Still Searching: I thought it was such a great post!!

Gunngirl: Thanks for stopping by, you are such a sweetie. I really enjoyed the post.

Zen: I agree complete, thank you for commenting!

RHSP: Welcome back!!!!!!!!!! It tugged at mine too!

Lori: Miss you too!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home