Monday, February 06, 2006

Cheerleading Competition

Well my daughter rocked!!!!!! I mean she was PERFECT... Okay I know I am prejudice. Honestly, this is the best performance these girls have put on. The entire team was flawless!! The team who won first place was out of our level. We are a level 3 team and we compete level three. Well the team who won first place was a higher level team (they were at the last competition and we did not compete against them because they were in a higher level) and they were getting ready to compete in a National Championship at a lower level then their actual level, so this was a practice competition before the National competition to see if they could compete at the lower level to make sure they could pull it off without being penalized for performing out of their level. (how sick is that and what message is this sending to our youth?) Well I told my daughter that is cheating. Regardless of what you think this is not sour grapes because this was a victory for us and I am not a sore loser!!! My daughter's squad may have come in second but as far as the coaches, the parents and myself we considered our girls the winner's!

Just a side note about the other team: The other team costs 5 grand to join, they practice three hours several times a week, they get gymnastic training, and their coaches are all paid positions. My daughter's team (although it is costing me an arm and leg, it is not five thousand, yet? grinz) have volunteer coaches they practice twice a week for 1.5 hours with no gymnastic training. They are a non profit organization and at the end of the year if there is any money in the budget it is split between the parents.

I think it is poor sportsman like conduct to enter a team at a lower level just so they will win. What kind of victory is that? Shame on that entire organization. It was a great victory for our girls and they were also very proud of themselves because they knew they nailed it perfectly.

BTW Thanks to my new cell phone (See next post) I was able to keep in contact with my daughter during the competition.

6 Comments:

At 2/06/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

that's great news cherish!

I agree that doesn't sound very fair.

 
At 2/06/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

nope, not fair. I wish I could have seen it. I wish I could have been a cheerleader. I don't know why, I just like the girly, girly-ness of it. Plus, I just really liked the uniforms.

And the girls will be proud nevertheless, they were the best and the know it.

 
At 2/06/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Great news! D2 is a cheerleader. She's one a handful of freshman to ever make the varsity squad. We're so proud of her.

 
At 2/07/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: Thank you so much!!!!

Gunn: Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I always wanted to be a cheerleader too but never had the nerve. Their uniformas are really cool!!!

Fred: That is AWESOME!!!!!!! My daughter is on an Elite Allstar team that only competes the do not cheer for a team. She did not want to cheer at school. She has the attitude I dont want to cheer for boys. LAUGHSSSS She is also in ninth grade and I think we have her just about talked her into cheering for both her highschool and the elite team next year. With chatter about college and how great it looks that you have school spirit. I know at her school there is not one 9th grader on the Varisty squad. Your daughter must be amazing!!!

 
At 2/07/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

sounds like your daughter did a stellar job!! A big ol' WOO-HOO from up here in Canada!!

Sounds really unsportsman like for that other team though. I know I would have been mortified to be in a lesser league when I played soccer. Seems like the paid coaches must like their salaries too much... too bad for the kids who likely won't learn what proffessional compitition is like.

 
At 2/07/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Xmichra: They really did do great! They are very excited about this weekend's competition! I do think some people ruin sports for the rest of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home