Sunday, February 19, 2006

BUSY BUSY WEEKEND

I had dental surgery on Monday and it really knocked me for a loop so I have not been blogging very much at all. I have missed reading everyone's blogs and I plan to get caught up on everyone's blogs this week.



WOW What a busy weekend. We were running up and down the highway!!


We had cheerleading competitions both days this weekend. The competition on Saturday was in Maryland. We brought three teams and they all did a fantastic job. My daughter's team scored the highest out of all the teams. They truly rocked, I mean they were perfect. People were standing after they performed. It is the best they have performed so far this season. This was an emotional competition and I think it had the girls revved up to do a good job. This competition was a Memorial competition to raise money for a cheerleader who was killed in a motorcycle accident. The girl's cheer squad started a Scholarship Fund in her name, all the profits of this competition went directly to the fund.

Click here to see the virtual memorial for this beautiful young lady.

This was very emotional for me. We sat right behind the family. I could not help but what if the situation to death. My beautiful girl was running back and forth with her friends. She was smiling BIG (she just got her braces off on Thursday) and I just could not put myself in the parent's (of this beautiful young girl) shoes . There were pictures everywhere of her beautiful smiling face, bright blue eyes and soft blonde hair. I had to hold back tears the entire competition even though this was a celebration of a young girl's life that ended way too soon. I reflected on everytime I think I am sick of my daughter's attitude or her mouth or how she does not appreciate anything, I know I should be thanking God for the opportunity to have her drive me crazy. She is such a beautiful human being who growing up before my eyes. I know Dorothy Lee's (The girl who died) parents would give anything on this earth and eternity to have their daughter drive them nuts with all the normal teenage nonsense. It was a very sad competition for me. Our team scored the highest of all the teams and would have had Grand Champion of the competition but the did not award a lot of trophies so more money would go into the scholarship fund. Well I do believe our girls learned a HUGE lesson and so did the parents, life is short. I know I learned a HUGE lesson I want my girl to drive me nutseecuckoooo every single day and I will always thank God for the angel he sent me. I should rephrase that to say the two angels he sent me that I treasure and cherish. My son has not started to drive me crazy yet but he does turn 13 in a few weeks, ugghhhhh.... Two teenagers HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP hehehehe!!!!

Well we left the competition and my car was acting up. I was fine, my only concern was the bridge. I had a long conversation with the car, I told it that it could break down before the bridge or after the bridge but NOT on the bridge. My poor daughter was scared to death. Well we approached the toll, held our breath and raced across the bridge. Thank God and Saint Christopher for the safe travel. We were very happy to arrive home without breaking down.

Is this somewhere you would want to break down? NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!

The competition on Sunday was an ALL day long event in Delaware. I am absolutely exhausted. We started our day at 7am at church, 8am Sunday school, home by 9:30 to find a sick husband. Well we know how men are when they are sick, enough said?? So I ran out to the store for gingerale and crackers. I got him settled with extra ice, drinks, crackers, medication and then out the door we went for the 1.5 hour ride to the competition. We brought all four teams to this competition and everyone of our teams won first place, but none of them won Grand Champion. I do not think our minis deserved first place but they won anyway and who am I to say anything. They just seemed off today.

Cheerleaders are taught to keep going regardless of injury, lost shoes, lost hair ribbons ect... My friend told me one time she saw a girl get kicked in the mouth her teeth went flying out of her mouth, blood running down her face and she kept on performing. I have seen them get kicked, dropped, hurt, pieces of their uniforms flying off, fake hair (our girls never wear fake hair but most do) flying, so on and so forth. Well a team was performing and a girl lost her glasses. They did not miss a beat they just kept on performing. A lady from the team that sponsored the competition runs out onto the mat in the middle of their routine to get the glasses. Can you say STUPID!!! needless to say she got kicked in the head an ended up breaking the glasses. She could have really hurt one of those girls. Everyone gasped then called her stupid. The girls will not stop performing no matter. We were all doing the what ifs and how one of the girls could have been seriously hurt by her stupidity. The girls are doing back handsprings and back flips. Well anyone who says cheerleading is not sport, must have never seen a competitive cheer competition. Some of these girls are so amazing and talented.

I have off today for the President's day holiday. Yeahhhhhhhhh!!! Time to recuperate!

My friend sent me this picture over the weekend and I thought I would share the picture, because he is so beautiful!!! YUMMY Billie Joe Armstrong!!!!! Thank you for the picture ~winks~

12 Comments:

At 2/20/2006, Blogger Lori said...

Congrats to the girls!
No wonder I have missed you, you have been very busy. It must have been real tough for the family to sit and watch all the other girls and their daughter not there, I would have been crying.
xoxoxoxoxo with lots of chocolate sprinkles.

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Wow, sounds like you need a little vacay!

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Hope you are feeling better. Glad your daughter did a good job!

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Congratulations to all the girls!!

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger Sonya said...

Will you be posting pics of the competition?

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Lori: Miss you too!! I think the family did great and the father spoke to all the cheerleaders telling them what a great job they did and how Dorothy would be proud of them. I was so choked up. hugggsssss

Still Searching: Agrees but my vacation will be going to Florida for a cheer competition with thousands of cheerleaders. UGHHHH!!!!!!

Sonya: Thank you so much smiles!!! My mouth is still a bit sore but nothing like it was and the stitches are starting to come out.

Linda: Thank you so much!!

Sonya: No I never post pictures of my children or anything that is too personal because of some of the stuff I write about. I try to stay anonymous. Although I have been behaving lately, hehe. I did write a XXX D/s story but decided it was a bit too graphic to post here. I am starting to censor myself a bit, since I am getting to know people more personally. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

WoW cherish, I'm exhausted just reading about your activities..and then to have car trouble on top of it plus a sick hubby..whew!
Congrat's to your daughter's team on such fine performances, you must be very proud.
We know once football starts again you son will also receive top billing cause we know how proud you are of him too.

Hope you can sit and relax a wee bit before starting back to work.

Nice pic of Billy btw.

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger darlingina said...

A very busy girl indeed cherish. Yep, bless our children. Never a dull moment in their waking hours as i always say. And i'm grateful for every second with them. i'm sorry for the loss of the young girl. But what a wonderful thing for the girls to do in memory of her. Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Blessed be,
~gina~

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

Hey - glad you are back and congrats to the girls. The memorial was very touching. It's heartbreaking to see someone get taken away at such a young age.

 
At 2/20/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow reading all that made me tired!! LOL Yea, I hope that your tooth hurting is all better - sucks when it is like that because then you cant eat all that wonderful chocolate. Congrats to your daughter! Now ... vacation! ... heehee

 
At 2/21/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: Thanks so much we are very proud of all the girls. My son is foaming at the mouth for football to start, laughs. He was just talking about it last night. I did nothing but veg all day!

gina: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It is always run here and run there. But that is the fun of it right? hmmmm??? laughs...

Jim C: Thank you Jim!! I think they are doing everything in their power to keep her memory alive. They also have a myspace in her memory.

LoB: You are sooooo right!!! Chocie eating does not go over well with a tooth ache. Thank you very much the girls really did do great! I hope your trip is going well.

 
At 11/14/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home