Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life is Getting Away From Me


Well the day starts out pretty normal. The alarm sounds at 4:30am BEEP BEEP BEEP. I begrudgingly open my eyes click off the awful alarm.

I can not wake up to music, I just incorporate it into my dreams. Every morning I have the same thought. GROUND HOG DAY. Remember the movie with Bill Murray? It just seems like the same thing day in and day out. Well I get up and start my husband's coffee. Then I wake him up which is no easy task because he is not a morning person. I go to bed between 11 and 12 and wake up, he goes to bed anywhere from 6 to 8 and can not wake up. Laughs well in his defense he does get up around 1:30 till 3ish. I bring him a cup of coffee and wake him up again. Then I return to the kitchen and begin making his lunch. I make his lunch everyday and everyday he finds something to bitch about. It cracks me up, I contemplate every morning sending him with an empty lunch box with a little note saying I guess now there is nothing to bitch about. Well of course I would never do that because I would feel badly if he did not have anything to eat. This day it is very cold, the morning air brisk, the wind biting at your skin and the stars shining so very bright. I run out to start my husband's truck in my night gown and winter coat. The wind biting at my legs, I start the truck up and run back inside. OOOOO out of breath and shivering. I gather all my husband's stuff, his glasses, hat, lunch, two travel mugs and I wait for him to appear from the bedroom. Off to work he goes then it is time to get the kids up. The day continues with just a slight fight with my daugher because she wants her boyfriend to come over before school. The house was kind of a mess so I am running around at 6am trying to quickly straightened up the house so her boyfriend can come over. What is wrong with this picture. I quickly get ready for work, son off to the bus stop then drive my daughter and her boyfriend to school. As I drive to work I think about my daughter's upcoming cheerleading trip that has cost me 3 grand so far. I just picked my car up from the mechanic, I brought it in for an oil change. Easy enough... HA! Four hundred dollars later... Belts, brake pads ect... and a list of upcoming stuff. Serp. Belt, tires, and some other stuff I can not remember. My mind was racing and racing with so much money just going right out the window.

Well I arrived at work already out of sorts. Work was BUSY so much going on. We are in a transitional period a brand new bookkeeper, who I might add is finding some very interesting information. The priest is leaving at the end of February and we are looking for a new rector add in the end of year tax nonsense and BLAM! CRAP day!! Well I got to do the payroll, a very simple task that I do twice a month forever. I was showing the bookkeeper the process and my son calls. Great news!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT report card..... yeah with that I made in error on the payroll. The more I tried to fix the worst it was getting.
Well this continued for two hours. I was ready to scream. The bookkeeper just looked at me as I was slowly falling apart as I watched the clock. Knowing I had to feed my family, I needed to go to Annapolis and get my daughter to cheerleading practice. Finally I reached my breaking point. I called my employees and explained their checks would be one day late. They all said it was fine thank God. Out of work quickly, I rushed to get home. I was suppose to pick my mom up, then my son and over the bridge to Annapolis. Well I was talking to my friend on the phone and drove right past my mom's house. GROWLSSSSSSSSS I was not happy. So I picked up my son, back tracked to pick up my mom then to Annapolis. I had to buy all new pots and pans because mine are old. I have those Visions (the glass ones) well I guess with age they are beginning to crack. Another four hundred bucks. Finishing up the errands continuing to clock watch and rushing like a maniac. Begin the trek home noticing the time acckkkk no time to make dinner. So I drop my mom off, call in an order to Squistos for pizza. I pick up the pizza and rush home.
My son and I rush home because it is going to be close getting my daughter to cheerleading. I run in drop off the pizza and my son. I pick up my daughter who is in the middle of a meltdown. Crying and pissed because her brother almost got straight A's.The entire drive to cheerleading she is yelling at me about now she is the dumb one. I had to chuckle my son's report card is always a step behind hers and on this day he beat her. Well we arrive at cheerleading a few minutes late. I can see they are already practicing. She is hysterical and in no shape to go into practice.
I go into cheerleading practice as my daughter stays in the car to compose herself. I hand over another check to cheerleading, $150 this time for February's fees. Every month it is something different February is a light month I guess. Well I guess because I had to buy a jogging suite for 150 dollars and a team sweatshirt for 25. So the coach looks at me and says where is she? I said in the car in meltdown mode. She said go tell her to get over it and get in here now. (no sympathy) I continued to run errands, pick up miss muffet and go home after practice. I was so exhausted by the time I arrived home I felt like someone sucked the life out of me.


I sat wondering if this is what life is all about. It took everything out of me. I think my mind is much more on finacial stuff than anything else. I am sick of being in debt up to my ears. My husband and I both work hard and I just wish it was easier.

Some parts of the weekend were beyond belief wonderful!!!!! Others were not so great! My daughter had a cheerleading competition on Saturday. FIERCE COMPETITION!!!! My daughter's team received fourth place out of ten teams. She was pissed! She is a very sore loser. She takes it so personally. She felt like it was her fault. Her team had two drops, same girl as always (the coach's daughter) it was not my daughter's pod but still it was her fault. Well it is very hard for me to deal with her nonsense when they lose. I am the one paying out the ass for cheerleading so I expect a much better attitude. Plus this competition was 7 hours long. We left the house at 2:30 and did not get home until after 11pm. Imagine thousands of screaming girls for that long, ughhhh.....

I need to catch up on blogs and catch up on writing in my blog. There does not seem to be enough time in the day, maybe I will give up on sleep.

13 Comments:

At 1/30/2006, Blogger Lori said...

Dang babe to much going on, sit down and relax let me give you a foot massage and any thing else you might need wink wink, lots of hugs and kisses to make you feel better.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger Ap said...

Wow Cherish, that was quite some day you had there! But whatever happens, don't give up on your sleep though: with these kind of days you can't miss one single minute of sleep...

Hang in there, I'll send some positive thoughts your way...

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Pace yourself sweetie!! Sounds like you are doing WAY too many things and stretching yourself too thin. Just remember that the "cost" you are putting in now will pay for memories in the long run and the opportunities that your children have like cheerleading and football. Like AP said - you need your sleep more than anything.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Lori: You are on!!! Sits back and waits for my foot massage and other things wink wink.

AP: Thank you so much! You are right and I appreciate your time.

Richard: VERY True!! thank you for reminding me that. Actually I do not mind putting the money out if she would just enjoy it, win or lose.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger Tim ID said...

I for one, am impressed at your ability not only accomplish as much as you do in a day, but to also have one of the most positive attitudes I've encountered in the blog world. You rock!

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

One way to cure things when your stressed Desserts stressed spelled backwards. :)

going to run you a nice hot bubble bath and serve you chocolate.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

I'M EXHAUSTED..you wore me out!
I pulled some hair out, yelled at the dog and took 2 Tylenol after reading about your day.

awwwwwwwwww! that was a really bad day and weekend.
Time to find a nice clear sky for you and your sweet dog to look up at the stars.

take care of yourself, ok?

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger Fred said...

Breath deep. Take your time. We'll be here.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger xmichra said...

You are not alone, we all get bogged down by this thing life throws at us. BUT, the silver lining is that you are obviously a stellar parent.. one that would jump thru hoops to make sure your childrens dreams are achieved.. and even if the note would bo SO funny, you are a natural care giver and that takes balls.

Breathe. try to gain an hour for yourself tonight.. have a bath with hot water and your favorite scent. Relax.. think of the best place you have ever seen.. and just pretend you are there. Then towel yourself off and have a great sleep. the warmth of the bath will sooth you.. and let you remember how gentile life can be.

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

I'm exhuasted just reading that! Where is Cherish time in all that??? HHHMmmmmm?????

 
At 1/31/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

At least she has that "competitive" edge in her that will help obtain many things in life. Sounds like you at least raised her good! :)

 
At 1/31/2006, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Holy. Sounds like a day in my life about 5 years ago. SO not sorry I gave it up.

 
At 2/01/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Tim-Elvis: Thank you so much for your kind words!!

Linda: Woooo hooooo I am stressed so give me the desserts!!! Thanks Linda...

TC: Sorry for stressing you! chuckles...

Fred: Thank you smiles, I think that this was more an apology for not posting than bitching about my day. I will take your words to heart.

Xmichra: Thank you!! Great ideas!! A whole hour for me??? You are such a rebel. WINKS!!

Jim: Hmmm looks around thinks I will get cherish time in about 6 years or so.


LoB: Very true but heck you have to accept losing as well. I have been trying to tell her that as long as she does her best there is nothing she can do about how everyone else performs, just be happy with herself.


Still Searching: How the heck did you give it up? winks I need a 12 step program I think... hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home