Monday, December 05, 2005

SNOW IS COMING





The Snow is coming and I am leaving. We are expecting about 6 inches of snow this afternoon. I know that is not too much but... but... I hate snow!!!!!! And in Maryland when they call for flurries we get a blizzard, when they call for a blizzard we get nothing, when they call for 6 inches we could get 12 inches. So Richard I am on my way get the guest room ready. Lori, you will also need to get the guest room ready for when Richard kicks me out.

Well I am gathering work to bring home so I do not have to venture out tomorrow morning. I wrecked my car in January and now I am skeered!! Eight or Nine thousand dollars damage, I can not remember exactly but... but heck I do not want to go through that again. I guess I should not complain because I was driving my 5 year old car instead of the car my husband bought me for Christmas the month before. I think that would have been grounds for divorce. Although in 1994 he bought me a Chevrolet Blazer, ooooo it was beautiful, burgandy with slot mags mmnnnnn beeeee uuuuu ttttaaaa fullllll and he wrecked that car when it was two months old and I did not divorce him. I was not happy but I kept him. He hit a brand new Ford Explorer and I must admit the Blazer looked better than the Explorer after the accident but the Blazer had much more damage because the Blazer was four wheel drive and the Explorer was two wheel drive. Nonetheless, I have never ever been afraid of driving in the elements before and now I am a bit worried. I really can not say I am afraid I just have that doomed feeling in my belly. I think I just need to get back on the horse so to speak. I wrecked my car and than we did not have any more bad weather so I have not had a chance to get back up on the horse.

13 Comments:

At 12/05/2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

The weather outside is frightful.
But the fire inside is so delightful. So let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! :)

 
At 12/05/2005, Blogger Lori said...

Guest bedroom is already and waiting with an unlimited supply of chocolate.

 
At 12/05/2005, Blogger Terri said...

brrrr that looks ch-ch-chilly!!!

btw Cherish I just read your previous post and I agree 100% with the others. I had the same problem a while back, worrying about what people might say or think - esp. since I knew my mom was reading & some other people who know me - but now I don't care anymore. The poeple who come back for more are the ones who count and if they didn't like it they wouldn't come back .. and personally, I would probably keep writing my blog even if nobody came back.
Although I do hope that doesn't happen ;-)
Keep writing.
I'll be back.

 
At 12/05/2005, Blogger Still Searching... said...

I simply ADORE snow...but then again, I don't have to drive an hour to work and back every day anymore! I did not enjoy driving on the highway in it. I never overdrive my ability but it's other people I worry about. You know, the ones that drive like it's the middle of summer!

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

woahhhhh that pix looks terribly sucky... the snow... can you tell Santa that I want snow but NOT to such extent....please *puppy looks*

too warm here :)

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger JPA in STL said...

It snowed in St. Louis last night. About 1/4 inch.

I went outside this morning to see the snow and it was so cold I saw a three legged dog tied to the tree with a yellow string.

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

LOL Beading!! You are so cute cherish and there is a nice warm, bed in 80 degree weather waiting in Florida :). Just have to get you away from Lori ;) haha. Drive safe and hopefully you will not have to go out in the snow to work. Snow day!!!

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger Kid Ric said...

It is not going to snow. That's what I have adopted as my mantra. I like snow if your out to play in it. But, hate having to drive, walk or work in it. So, I say "It's not going to snow". So far this year it has worked. Don't know for how long it still will but has so far. Smile.

By the way...Could you please update your link to my new blog? My new address is http://kidric.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Thinking of you.

Peace, love and light to you and yours.

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger Fred said...

75 and partly sunny here. Tomorrow, it turns cold. 65 or so.

I love pictures of snow. I just don't want to be in them.

 
At 12/06/2005, Blogger Jim C said...

Looks like fireplace whether to me! I was hoping for more here (NJ) but not enough to stop anything...rats.

 
At 12/07/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Linda: Okay sooooo NOT funny!!! hehe

Lori: You are muh gurl!!! Woooo hoooooo unlimited supply of chocolate and Lori what more could I ask for???

terri: It is chilly, yuck!! Thank you for your kind words as well!!

Still searching: I love snow when it comes on Friday night and leaves by Monday morning.

RHSP: I talked to Santa and asked for a dusting for you. He said he would try but you have been a bit naughty this year. giggles

James: We got about 4 inches. Poor doggy!!

LoB: Thankies mmnnnnn nice warm bed, 80 degrees and almost Thursday. I could help you with your HNT pictures, hubba hubba!!!

Kid Ric: I changed your addy, thank you for letting me know I did not even think about it. I am going to try your no snow policy Kid Ric. I hope it works they are calling for more snow on Thursday.

Fred: Fred, please get the guest room ready I figure once LoB and Lori have enough of me this winter I am heading your way!!! hehe

Jim: Same here Jim not enough to cancel anything just enough to be a pain in the buttski. I planned on staying home from work but alas I was off to work with the rest of the peons on Tuesday. They are calling for more snow on Thursday.

Thank you everyone for visiting my blog and commenting!!!!

 
At 12/07/2005, Blogger Bill Jones, Jr said...

I live in MD and I feel your pain. You didn't mention that only the two of us know how to drive in the snow. :)

 
At 12/08/2005, Blogger cherish said...

SableDawn,
Hello fellow Marylander!! Hehehe Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. So you are the person I was following during that one snow storm and I said hmmmmm that must be the one other person who knows how to drive in the snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home