Saturday, December 31, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR and BEST WISHES



Second Post - GROWLING!!!!! I went to pick up my doggie, hit something and lost my entire post. CRIESSSSSS

I would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Party hard as 2005 leaves and 2006 enters. But please do not drink and drive. Drinking and Driving kills innocent people. I can preach on this because I have never drove under the influence of anything. I have never consumed alcohol or tried drugs, yes I know BORING… Okay pops a Ritalin and gets back on subject. Just recently where I live four teenagers were stopped at a red light. Their car was struck from behind by a speeding drunk driver. She hit their car sending it flying into the intersection as it exploded from impact killing all four teenagers. In an instant four young lives gone because some woman decided to drink and drive, without a care for anyone. How many countless generations lost, how many countless lives affected because someone did not care, because someone did not want to hurt her feelings and tell her she was too wasted to drive. One of those four teenagers could have went on to cure cancer, find a vaccine for HIV, be the very best mommy to an abused foster child, be a loving daughter, son, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, mother or father. What a loss to this world of four young undetermined lives. This woman who was probably a normal loving person who is now considered this horrible monster was found on the cell phone with her daughter saying yeah I just hit this car that was stopped in the middle of the road for no reason. As people in the restaurants and stores were calling 911 and trying to save these children from their firey tomb she was only concerned that this car was stopped in the middle of the road for no reason. Maybe if she had not been drinking and driving she would have known these young people were stopped at a red light obeying the laws and rules of the road. I am sorry I am really not here to preach it is just that major holidays really scare me.

I have been blogging for four months now. I have found people who I adore, people I respect, people I can not stand and people who drive me nuts (these are the blogs I return to visit like a car wreck I do not want to look but I can not help it, so I read their blog which normally angers me and I sit there saying why did you return to this blog???) All in all blogging has been an absolutely amazing experience for me. I have found that some people enjoy my blog and others are very offended by my blog (I have received the hate mail and I am learning to ignore it because I did not ask them to visit and I have proper warnings on my blog) I do not edit what I write because as soon as I begin to edit what I have written it ends up being something totally different than I first intended it to be, so I type and publish. This is very hard for me because I am a bit anal about everything being perfect but I just want to enjoy blogging without all the concerns for punctuation, sentence structure and if what I am writing makes sense.

I have been told that some people do not like to comment on my blog because they are embarrassed to comment on it because of the content. I have been linked previously in other’s blogs that suddenly drop me from their list. I also have had people who visited frequently and all of sudden stopped commenting. Well it is a big blogging world and why do I worry about it. Well I do not have an answer to that and again I am trying to not worry about it. But it does concern me like why was I linked on their blog and all of a sudden I go to their blog and my name has been deleted. I sit there and wonder what did I do to offend them or anger them?? When someone stops visiting I think the same thing what did I do to make them stop visiting. But again I am trying to work past all these worries!! ~chuckles~ I do not have OCD but I do have OC personality. I like to think of myself as quirky, laughing!!!! I must admit as time passes I find myself worrying less and less. I just appreciate every comment I receive and I hope that I have brought someone a smile at some point.
As 2005 closes I will thank God for every blessing, every lesson, and also thank Him for for allowing me to be open enough to learn from my mistakes. I am a Christian and so very proud to be a Christian. I love being Catholic and Italian, it is so much a part of who I am. I would scream from the highest mountain top the love I have for my Lord. I will not put down other religions or other’s beliefs. I will not look down upon people who proclaim their hatred for my God, I will not condemn someone who believes there is no God, I do not put down other religions or beliefs because honestly I do not care. I was not put on this earth to judge anyone. I do not believe in leveling. I do not believe in proclaiming what is wrong with others beliefs and religions just to make my religion seem better. I also do not judge people because I do not wish to be judged. I know what I believe in and I am very strong in what I believe in. The only people I need to educate about religion are my children and we go to church on Sundays, my children attend Sunday School and we are happy to be Catholic. I think people are much more open to listen to your beliefs when you just talk about them and why you believe in them, then their beauty shines through. I think people do not listen when you begin to put down their beliefs and their religion. Someone who wishes to put down Christianity by proclaiming all that is wrong and impossible about it will keep my attention for a total of one second. Now if someone is talking to me about a belief that is different than mine with passion and dignity I am much more open to listen to them. They will never change my feeling about my God but I would be open to listen to them talk about their God. So I will thank God how I see and believe him to be for ALL My blessings and I have so many. I will thank God for my two children who are beautiful inside and out, they are healthy, loving, caring people who I am very proud to call daughter and son. I will thank God for a loving marriage and an understanding husband. I will thank God for allowing my family to be one in love and friendship. I will thank God for all my friends in real life and online because I love each of them in the their own way because they have gifts that only they hold.

As we leave 2005 I would like to leave my family and friends an unlimited supply of wishes for their dreams to come true, blessings, health, love prosperity and friendship for 2006 and all the years to come. God Bless Everyone!

31 Comments:

At 12/31/2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Cherish-Happy New Year! Lori is heading home tonight. I worry about them being on the road esp. being New Years. Way to many people drink and drive this holiday. If your going to drink then have a driver who doesnt. Plus if you see someone you love and care for drinking then wanting to drive. Take their keys!! They may be mad at you but you may be saving their life or someone else.
Thanks again for the laughs the past 2 days and I need a tissue after reading your post today. LOL :) huggiezz Linda

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Yeahhhhhhhh I have missed Miss Lori!! I can not wait until she returns! Thank you for posting on my blog!!! I will keep her in my prayers for a safe journey. Happy New Year Linda HUGGGSSSSSSSS

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Kid Ric said...

Happy New Year to you and your family my friend. God bless.

"Chat after the New Year" will take place on Sunday January 8th 2006 at 2pm Mountain time at BallerinaGurl's. Will be inviting special guests so you never know who will show up and make our time more enjoyable.

Peace, love and light.

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger darlingina said...

I'm glad your second post worked out cherish cause i love stopping by and reading your blogs. We learned many years ago the best and safest place to be on New Years Eve is at home with our kids. I look forward to coming to know you better and enjoying more of your wonderful blogging the coming year. It's easy to see that you have a heart of gold. ;o) The very best to Y/you and yours. God Bless all of you!
Love & Hugs,
~gina~

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Cherish-thought I would drop by and let you know Lori is on her way home now. They left early! She should be home some time this evening! huggiezz

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Jim C said...

Cherish -

Have a happy and safe new year!!!
I'll keep Lori in my prayers for their safe journey home.

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Ric: Thank you so much and happy new year!!!!

gina: Thank you for stopping by and commenting, I do appreciate your time. I look forward to getting to know you better in 2006 as well!

Linda: Lori sent me a text message I just received it because my cell was in the car! I can not wait for her to get home!

Jim: Happy New Year and thank you very much!!!!

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

There is a worrying rate of accidents caused by drunk drivers on this festive season. The Govt here placed loads of road checks to make it safe... seems to be working!

Anyway, why would people be embarassed to comment here?? Oh come on! This is the 21st Century! Not some middle age eras where your lives are scrutinised!

Education makes you think and progress. Learn from it! And if you do it Anonymously, no govt agency will be knocking on your door lol

ts ts ts ts.

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger cherish said...

RHSP: Thank you and Happy New Year!! They have been advertising road blocks here sobriety check points. I hope they are able to get everyone who choses to drive while drinking.

I love the new blog. I want to change my blog but I am computer illiterate, hehe... I wanted to change the template but I am afraid I will lose everything. Oh well...

Huggss and again I hope your New year celebrations were wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Jack said...

How do the drunk drivers always survive these crashes?
It's best not to worry about why people come and go from our blog lives. It just happens.
You know, I don't think I've ever gotten hate mail. I must be doing something wrong.

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger cherish said...

SMILES Hello Jack and thank you for visiting and commenting!! I really loved the pictures of you and the boys!!!!

In my opinion Drunk Drivers normally survive accidents because they are so drunk their bodies are relaxed and they just absorb the impact like a rag doll.

Happy New Year!!!! Wishing you an absolutely wonderful 2006!

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger xmichra said...

Thanks for stoping by my blog.. I love new readers!! You are very interesting (from what I have read here).. and I promise never to add you to my list then snub you.. without giving a reason.. bwwaahhaa. No, i am totally kidding there, I have no idea why people get so ansy about that... but I have knocked off a reader for directly abusing my site, so I think that was fair. Not saying you did that.. okay, I am going to shut up about this now.. hehe.

Wanted to say happy new year, and I hope you can celebrate it in what ever fashion you find most pleasing. Adult rated or not *wink*

 
At 12/31/2005, Blogger Jim C said...

First comment of 2006!!!! (east coast time)

Happy New Year!!!

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

Thank you for your beautiful message Cherish, I think I will come back from time to time just to re-read it.
Happy New Year (again)(wink).

Perhaps it's just cause I'm new here but I've never seen anything objectionable here, quite tame stuff really, anyone who has a problem with it..well, who needs um.

Top cat

I accidentally deleted my entire link list last week when I was changing templates, so now I'm trying to remember all the ones I had.lol

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger cherish said...

xmich: Thanks for stopping by and commenting!! I enjoyed your blog as well!! Happy New Year

Jim: THANK YOU First post of 2006!!!! Happy New Year

TC: I have been behaving lately wink wink!! hehe Happy New Year

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Tom Stormcrowe said...

4 months? You're still new to the blogosphere then! Let me say WELCOME! You're absolutely right, by the way, blog for your own reasons! I know I do, although the reception my blog has gotten stunned me! I had absolutely no idea that anyone would even be interested.......SURPRISE! Well, just found you through Almostgastrics site. Happy and prosperous new year!

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Terri said...

Happy New Year Cherish to you and your family, may it bring you peace, love and happiness in abundance :-)

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

whew! I just read four months of your blogging...
great posts! it's nice to know you a little better.
Some of the artwork photographs are fantastic, where do you get them from?
Tc

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Lori said...

Happy new year!!!!! Missed you sooooooooooooo much xoxoxo. PS, I did that changed my template and wiped out all of my links, that is why I have no links listed on my blog LOL.

 
At 1/01/2006, Blogger Tammy said...

Happy New Year to you too!

People are so stupid. I don't understand why they think they have a right to drive while drunk.

 
At 1/02/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Stormcrowe: Happy New year and thank you very much for stopping by and commenting!!! Thank you for the wonderful advice as well.

Terri: Happy new year and thank you very much for the wonderful wishes. I am sending you the same wishes back to you two fold!! I hope it is a wonderful year for you and your family

TC: Thank you for reading my archives, I hope we can still be friends, wink wink!! You probably learned a bit more about me than you bargained for, chuckles!

I am happy you like some of the pictures, honestly I just search the web for the pictures. The picture has to be just perfect for me or it drives me insane. Sometimes I write something and can not publish it for days because I can not find the right picture, I search using yahoo images, google imagines, getty images, and fantasy art sites. If you are ever in need of a picture and can tell me what you are looking for, I will search it out for you!!! Thank you again for everything!

Lori: WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait to talk to you! I have missed you so very much!!! I am sorry you lost all your links, that sucks. I was going to change my template but when it gave the warning I would lose the changes I made I changed my mind. I hope you had a wonderful trip!!!

Tammy: Happy New Year!!!!!!!! Thank you for stopping by and I absolutely agree with you about the drinking and driving!!!

 
At 1/02/2006, Blogger :phil: said...

I love your Blog Cherish.
Happy New Year

 
At 1/02/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Happy New Year Phil!!!! I hope it is an absolutely great year for you and your family!

 
At 1/02/2006, Blogger Jim C said...

Thanx for the support and you're right. I need to put it behind me and move on!!!!

 
At 1/02/2006, Blogger cherish said...

You are welcome!! That is right HECK with them... you got me!!! GRINZZZZZZ WICKEDLY

 
At 1/03/2006, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR cherish!! I wish you the best for the new year and wonderful post on the whole blogging, new years, and church aspects. Everyone has their points of view and people do come and go in the blogging world. I blog because I LIKE to blog. I certainly do not get these large traffic numbers like some people, but I like to do it, then sometimes go back and read - it is all fun! Happy New Year to you, best wishes to you and your family!! Sorry I have not been commenting much - the holidays have been mad crazy! Back to normal life again now haha

 
At 1/03/2006, Blogger gunngirl said...

I enjoy your blog, but I'm fairly new to it. I found it through Miss. Mud Pie.

That it truly terrible about the teen accident. So young, and even worse since the teenagers, who people expect to be acting wreckless weren't at fault.

The drunk drivers are so calm and under the influence that they don't every die. I know that has something to do with it. They're not worrying about dying because they don't even know what's going on.

 
At 1/03/2006, Blogger cherish said...

LoB: THank you very much for all the wonderful wishes...

HAPPY NEW YEAR To You!! I will let you slide for the holidays but do not make me get out the whip and handcuffs!

GunnGirl: Thank you for stopping by and Happy New Year. You are so right about drunk drivers they have no clue so they are like ragdolls! This was such a sad sitution and I wish everyone would be aware of who is drinking and driving because spectators are the ones that will stop this, the drunk has no sense, they get the superman syndrome.

 
At 1/03/2006, Blogger Top cat said...

by the way, if you still would like to change your blog template all you need to do is copy and paste the links from the edit HTML template page and paste them in Word, then save.
Change your template then go into the template page and paste them in the edit me section.

If you have any other changes you will have to save them as well but most of the blog including posts will show up in the new template.
Hope that helps.

You know how I know this don't you?

 
At 1/03/2006, Blogger cherish said...

TC: THANK YOU!!!! You are sooooo awesome!!!!!!! I will give it a shot, smiles brightly!! I am guessing you learned this because you wiped out all your links when you changed your template?

 
At 7/18/2006, Anonymous subliminal messages said...

Subliminal uses can include some wonderful stuff. Have you seen www.innertalk.com?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home