Sunday, December 25, 2005

The BEST Christmas Gift


A little background for someone who is new to my blog. I have a 12 year old son who is a football player. A great football player (yes I am prejudice)!! Well his team was undefeated, won the championship and he was awarded Best Defensive Lineman award. He played both starting offense and defense. It was a FANTASTIC year!!!! After the season was over he had to turn in his jersey. He was devastated and felt he should be able to keep his jersey because they were undefeated. I called the President of the Football league; begged, pleaded and promised sexual favors (chuckles okay I didnt really promise the sexual favors but I did plead and beg) to buy his jersey from the league. The president was hesitant and I just kept on him until finally he agreed. I promised him my son would never wear the jersey to school or on the island, he was very relieved because everyone would want to buy their son's jersey. I have been so excited about giving it to him. Well I put the jersey in a shadow box and gave it to him to open after he finished opening all his other gifts. When he opened it up and saw the jersey he started crying. He just sat there looking at his jersey with this indescribable look on his face and tears streaming down his face. He was very embarrassed but said he could not help it. We were all choked up even his older sister. That was my best Christmas Gift ever.

My second best gift was a scrapbook my mom made for me of my children throughout the years. This one brought tears to my eyes. It was the most wonderful gift seeing the pictures of the kids at different stages of their lives. Everyone laughed and reminisced as they looked at the albums.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL holiday!!!!

16 Comments:

At 12/25/2005, Blogger Jack said...

The jersey story is great! :)

 
At 12/25/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Thanks Jack I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!!!

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger The Michael said...

Could you please describe in detail the sexual favors you were prepared to trade for that jersey? Grin.....

Merry Christmas, dear.

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Michael: ~chuckles~ I have sent you an email with a complete and detailed list of sexual favors!!!

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger gunngirl said...

oh, that's a great christmas story. Hope you holiday was great!

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Thanks for visiting Gunngirl happy you liked it. I hope your holidays were wonderful!!!

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger Fred said...

I had a great holiday. And, by the sound of things, yours was terrific.

Can you copy us on that email? :)

 
At 12/26/2005, Blogger cherish said...

FANTASTIC Fred I am happy you had a good holiday!!!! We had a great Christmas!

Email on the way, chuckles!!!

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger sasfdasfdljkfksdjkfjsd said...

i'm getting a little verklempt.

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Shari said...

sniff...

that's sweet....

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Ray Ray: Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment, I was quite verklempt myself ~winks~

Shari: Smiles! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!!

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger Jim C said...

WTG Mom...sounds like chirstmas was a blast!!!!

 
At 12/28/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Thank you Jim it really was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is still thanking me for the jersey. Thanks for stopping by Jim!

 
At 12/29/2005, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow that is such a wonderful Christmas gift - I am sure it was loved by him! You will have to take a pic fo the final "box" with everything all together.

 
At 12/29/2005, Blogger cherish said...

LoB: He really does love it! Once I get the entire box I will send you a pic with him holding it. You will see the great smile that gift brings!

 
At 12/29/2005, Blogger StringMan said...

Nice story. That is a classic Patriots shirt in your photo (the old Pat Patriot logo). Just an image, or is that his shirt?

Nice blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home