Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Changing Jobs



As I sit at my desk on Monday morning cursing the short week, I received a phone call from a company that was interested in interviewing me for a position with their company. I was a little shocked well okay ALOT shocked!! They asked me if I had the opportunity to stop by for an interview later that afternoon. I said well I do not have my resume with me, I am wearing jeans, no makeup, hair not so great because it was raining; they said just come in. Well I agreed to arrive later to be interviewed for the job. Much to my amazement they offered me the job and my head was spinning. I was expecting the three interviewers to request my resume so they could call my previous employers and references blah blah... Well I sat in my car, head spinning and not sure what to do. I called my wonderful friend who's melodic voice calmed me right down. He is such an amazing friend and means the world to me. I also called him first when I found out my grandmother died. I knew in my heart he would give me exactly what I needed, a true friend who really cared about me. (Side note: with the death of my grandmother I saw who my true friends are and who I have been wasting my time on... a little advice when someone's loved one dies give your condolences regardless of your beliefs, religious affiliation or lack thereof... just tell them you are sorry for their loss it will mean the world to them!!!) Okay pops a Ritalin and gets back on subject. Well my friend with his melodic voice mmnnn calmed me right down. He just has such a kind way about him. Well after my special friend calmed me down, I realized I had much to think about. I was offered 2 dollars more an hour then I am presently making and that is nice but to make the change to another company I was still unsure. My new office is amazing!!! I kept thinking hmmm I think this office is calling my name!!! I am going to take some pictures of it on Monday. My office is the entire lower level, private bathroom and my desk sits next to a sliding glass door that opens onto a deck that over looks the water. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..... Even though the office is amazing and compared to my drafty office where I work now, this office is the mansion of offices.. I was not completely sure about leaving my current job because I really like it. hehe... Well I talked to one of the interviewers, she could feel my angst and she offered me another dollar and then after six months another dollar, so that will put me making 4 more dollars an hour, plus the benefit package is much better than my current position. So Tuesday I gave 5 weeks notice I will officially change companies at the beginning of the year. I am going to put a few hours in each day at the new company so the transition will be smooth. I hope the pictures of my new office will turn out because I would like to share them with my blogging buddies.

15 Comments:

At 11/23/2005, Blogger Lori said...

CONGRATS!!! Way to go!
You deserve it!
Private bathroom Woo Hoo!

 
At 11/23/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Thank you my friend huggsss and you can use it anytime!!! hehe winks

 
At 11/23/2005, Blogger Paul (rock star wanna be) said...

Congrats!!! :)

 
At 11/23/2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

CONGRATS!!!

 
At 11/23/2005, Blogger Underachiever said...

congrats! Now you can buy me that remote control car I've always wanted.

love,
undrini

 
At 11/24/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Paul, Linda, and Undr... Thankie thankie!!!

Undr I am going to venture out on Black Friday to get you the coolest remote control car ever!!!!

 
At 11/24/2005, Blogger Kid Ric said...

Wow! That is great news. Congratulations my friend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for stopping by.

Thinking of you!

Peace, love and light to you and yours.

 
At 11/24/2005, Blogger Still Searching... said...

YAY YOU! :-) Sounds wonderful, congratulations.

 
At 11/24/2005, Blogger beadinggalinMS said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

 
At 11/24/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Ric: Happy Thanksgiving and thank you so much. Thinking of you always, you are such a sweetie!!!

Still Searching: Thank you so much smiles brightly I hope you have a great holiday!

Linda: Happy Thanksgiving HUGGSSS

 
At 11/25/2005, Blogger The Michael said...

Fantastic! Don't spend all that extra dough in one place! :)

 
At 11/25/2005, Blogger Jim C said...

WTG!!!!!!!
What a nice way for it to happen as well!!!

 
At 11/26/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Michael: Thank you!! I am sure Mr. Taxman will have something to say about that extra dough. I appreciate you visiting my blog!

Jim: Thank you very much... My head is still spinning. I look forward to Monday so it will stop.

 
At 11/28/2005, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like it will be a great place to work! In the end, it is using your feelings and intiuition to tell you if it is right or not. Plus increase in pay helps a lot ;)

 
At 11/28/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Thank you LoB!!! You are such a sweetheart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home