Monday, October 10, 2005

Separated at Birth??



















When my mom was pregnant with me she was HUGE!! I was due mid august and the doctor was becoming worried. He told my mom that the baby was so big he would have to induce her labor two weeks early because she would never be able to delivery me if I continued to bake, hehe. He continued to tell her I was at least 10lbs and they would induce her the next day. Well when I graced this world and took my first breath, the doctor told my mother that she had a little peanut and I barely weighed 5lbs. She then turned to the doctor and said you better check for another baby then. With that they knocked her out again and the last thing she remembers is looking over and the nurse putting me in a hospital cradle, draped a hospital blanket or sheet over the cradle so she could not see me and rolled the baby out of the room. With that they had called my dad into the conference room to tell him of the birth. He sat for hours in the room and no one came to him. His mind wandered, he imagined that both of us were dead. He could not understand why he was left sitting for hours. Then my mom came to still on the hospital bed, feet in the stirrups, completely naked with no covers on her. She yelled for the nurse and the nurse told her to stop her yelling and my mom said you cover me right now. Well my mom and dad shared their horror stories; Dad of his time waiting and waiting not knowing what was happening, and my mom of waking up naked on the table. Well they brought me home and I was so small that I did not fit in regular clothes. My mom dressed me in doll clothes. I never slept and I barely ate. My mom had to feed me every hour and she could barely get .5 ounce of formula into me. I cried a lot as a newborn. My mom was so run down because I never slept and feeding me every hour was taking it's toll. Of course my dad was too busy chasing women to help her take care of me. I never slept at night even as a toddler. My mother use to say the devil breathed life into me when I was one year old. I was so bad. I was able to flip out of my crib when I was a little over a year. They never understood how I could do it until my mom saw me one day when I was a bit older. I would hold onto the rail and begin jumping until it flipped me out of the crib. Then I was on the loose. I took great enjoyment in terrorizing my house at night when everyone else was sleeping. Turning on every light in the house was one of my favorite things to do. But my most favorite thing to do was to take my older brother (3.5 years older) out of his PJs, I would take his sheet, his fitted sheet, coverlet, and pillow case off his bed as well. He would wake up in the morning in his underwear with no pjs and no covers. Then after terrorizing the house anyway I could I would find the smallest place to hide in and fall asleep. Normally a cubby in my dad's closet. Well imagine the fear the first few times my mom woke up to every light in the house on and her 2 year old gone. Well needless to say my mom was able to make it through those days. I was an escape artist as well... They had to put locks on the tops of the doors because I would just leave from 2 years old on. I could still get out of the house, even with the locks and the neighborhood kept watch for me. If they saw me, the phone calls would begin, shes rounding the horseshoe. My mom would come find me, yell where are you going? I would say either I am going to see Joyce (my mom's friend) or I would say I was looking for someone, she would say who and I would say I do not know. I did have a great trick when I was little and I would entertain my brother and his friends. Remember the highback couches years ago.... ugghhhh dates myself okay okay I am 38 years old!!! well I would jump off the top of the couch and land on my tip toes on the concrete floor in our basement. My brother would love to gross his friends out with that trick. Alright back to my story. As I got older my mom noticed I could never leave the house one time. I always returned for something that I thought I forgot or I thought I was missing something. She thought it was an odd trait for a child in kindergarten to have such concerns. Well this continued to ummm the present. I still can not leave my house one time. I always go back to make sure the door is locked, the trash is up from the dog or the windows shut. It is maddening sometimes but it is a part of my life and I accept that. Well.... my mom always wondered about my low birth weight and how strangely I acted as a child but never really knew what it could be just figured I was odd. Until the day she was watching a television show on triplets separated at birth. The mother did not know she was having triplets because of course back then there was no sonograms. Well the mother was expecting one baby so when she had twins or triplets, the corrupt doctors and nurses would sell the other baby on the black market. That is what happened to the triplets, they sold two of them to different homes on the black market. Well a white healthy baby on the black market is worth a lot of money. They all had the same characteristics that I had growing up. They also did not thrive in the beginning of their lives, did not sleep and also had the feeling of something missing. My mother watched in awe as they told their stories. She had a sinking feeling when she remembered how they draped something over my cradle and ushered the cradle quickly out of the room, how when she asked the doctor to look for another baby she was immediately put back to sleep, also waking up naked in a room all alone. This has always bothered my mom and it bothers me too because I think it would explain so much in my life but unfortunately there is no paper trail. The only reason the triplets found each other is two of them went to the same college and classmates kept saying to both of them how much they look like the other one. They finally met and realized they had the same birthday and one was adopted. A few years later someone kept telling this kid at a convenience store how much he looked like a guy in her class. Finally she told the boy in her class and he rushed over to meet the boy at the store and found that the twins were triplets. They said they wondered if they were quadruplets and that is why they were on the show. Because the triplets were identical and wondered if there was 4 instead of 3.

Well that is my childhood story.

10 Comments:

At 10/09/2005, Blogger Lori said...

It saddens my heart to know you could be seperated from a twin or even triplets. I understand the feeling of being lost or that you left something, Linda and I havent spoken to each other in years and I always felt that away I even had nightmares about it and then one day we talked and we will never be separated from each other again. I feel the reason we came across each other thru are blogs is you are my soul sister.

 
At 10/09/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Huggss my soul sister :D

 
At 10/09/2005, Blogger Cliff Stern said...

I was an only child. I hated being alone. I, too, am sorry you feel somehow lost. My father was married elsewhere, and I actually had (have) several brothers and sisters who I have never met. It's not the same, I know, but I look back at my lonely childhood and wonder what if...

 
At 10/10/2005, Blogger cherish said...

I can not imagine being an only child, I absolutely adored my older brother and I still do. I also adored bugging the living hell out of him too. But I often wonder what if?? as well... Two worse words in the dictionary when they are put together.

 
At 10/10/2005, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

Wow. That is quite a story. Everything is possible in the world, so who knows. Lori and Linda were adopted ;) - there are some strange people out there in the world that would do things for money :(.

So you sounded like a terror growning up!! LOL Holw cow, your mom must be an amazing woman haha. How were your children and how are they now? Because they say grand-children are a parents revenge ;)

 
At 10/10/2005, Blogger cherish said...

Laughing I was quite the terror from 1 year old to 5 years old, oh the stories I could tell. hehe But my mom said after school started I was a complete angel from kindergarten to the present. Actually my kids were always very good and behaved. As always they all have their moments, as my daughter enters teenagedom ugghhh... my kids are the typical street angels and house devils... if they do act up it is usually private. And yes my mom is AMAZING!!! I aspire to be half the person she is but alas I do not think it will happen.

 
At 10/11/2005, Blogger LocuTus of Borg said...

I am sure that you are more her than you give credit ;)

 
At 10/11/2005, Blogger cherish said...

thanks Richard, you are the BEST!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4/03/2006, Anonymous xmichra said...

I can not believe i am just reading this about you now!! How completely wierd!

Any luck with the search? Have you tried to search??

 
At 4/03/2006, Blogger cherish said...

Honestly no I have no idea where to search, unfortunately!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home