Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gas Prices ugghhh

Well I spent the hour after I got off work today filling up all my cars with gas. The prices went from 2.55 to 3.08 within one day with warnings of more increases. To the south of me is starting to run out of gas in some areas. It seems this trend will move to the north quickly. My daughter sighed deeply saying our lives will be over without gasoline. (my little drama queen) I had to sit down with her and tell her she needed to look outward instead of inward. I talked to her about the tradegy that was occuring as we speak in New Orleans. I explained to her how our friends have lost their home, employment, everything, and others have paid the ultimate price. She really understood. I am hoping that is a life lesson learned.

2 Comments:

At 8/31/2005, Blogger Cliff Stern said...

hey, there were lines at the cheap station but the station with gas at $3.39 a gallon had one car! i really don't think this will last -- the prices will be high but there will be no shortage.

that being said, i now find myself driving w/o the ac on and coasting in neutral whenever i can!!! argh.

 
At 9/01/2005, Blogger cherish said...

chuckles... I will have to try that to see if I can conserve some gas. I have started driving the smallest car I have and the kids are not happy because it is a two door. The kids have to try to squeeze in the back seat. They said on the radio yesterday that if you inflate your tires to the maximum number (pounds I believe)in your car manual that you will save a lot of gas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home